Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
Contest Statistician
 
xman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,722
MYLPGA Poker Tournament

OK, Reserve the date December 12, Saturday. Time to be determined.
The MYLPGA Poker Tournament.

I have the software in place and tested. I will give you details on how to download and install latter. It is free and no registration of any kind is required to the authors. It also has a good practice mode where you can simulate different types of tournaments.

Please let me know who wants to play. Also let me know your time zone relative to NY EST, so that we can figure out the best time to play and allow everyone to play. It might be your morning, night or afternoon. Give me any suggestions that you have.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
NTB
Senior Member
 
NTB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: hot springs village arkansas
Posts: 2,534
Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
OK, Reserve the date December 12, Saturday. Time to be determined.
The MYLPGA Poker Tournament.

I have the software in place and tested. I will give you details on how to download and install latter. It is free and no registration of any kind is required to the authors. It also has a good practice mode where you can simulate different types of tournaments.

Please let me know who wants to play. Also let me know your time zone relative to NY EST, so that we can figure out the best time to play and allow everyone to play. It might be your morning, night or afternoon. Give me any suggestions that you have.
Xman I didn't like the odds of winning in the practice, but am really willing
to give it a shot with all living souls on board.
__________________
God Bless America
\"Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.\" - William Penn
NTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Warren, Ohio
Posts: 8,807
I'll play if the time is good. I'm in the same time zone as NY, so give us the heads up and I'll try to arrnge my schedule accordingly.
__________________
Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you have.
MarinePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
wiefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,489
Hi ya xman5...well...since I only played three tournaments in Vegas and "DIDN'T" place in the money in any of them...I guess it is only fitting that I allow the members of this board to "ABUSE me a little more"...gulp!!...holy Bondage Batman!!...whew!!

anyway...I will put this December 12th date on my calendar...I will just go with the flow as to whatever time you select

by the way...are we ONLY playing ONE tournament ...hmmm....ahhh...I can just see the "Bragging Rights Trophy" starting to apply it's pressure to all contestants

hmmm...does this Poker site allow us to chit chat and play at the same time...can I smoke and play??...hmmm

to anyone that plays....Are you going to show your hand after winning a pot??....Poker Strategy says you shouldn't, BUT...it is only a friendly game and we would hate for "ANYONE" to have a "RESTLESS NIGHT'S SLEEP" after debating a folding hand...hmmm...lemme know...I don't mind showing my hand should we all agree...anyway...let me know

anyway....shuffle up and deal!!!...have a good day...see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
wiefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,489
Hi ya Xman....just a question...I hope we are playing "no limit"...just a question...have a good day...see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #6
Member
 
Meadowbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cropwell, Alabama
Posts: 59
Well, playing on line would be one way to hide my tells. Now, if I could just do something about my terrible strategy.
Meadowbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #7
Contest Statistician
 
xman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,722
Originally Posted by wiefan View Post
Hi ya xman5...well...since I only played three tournaments in Vegas and "DIDN'T" place in the money in any of them...I guess it is only fitting that I allow the members of this board to "ABUSE me a little more"...gulp!!...holy Bondage Batman!!...whew!!

anyway...I will put this December 12th date on my calendar...I will just go with the flow as to whatever time you select

by the way...are we ONLY playing ONE tournament ...hmmm....ahhh...I can just see the "Bragging Rights Trophy" starting to apply it's pressure to all contestants

hmmm...does this Poker site allow us to chit chat and play at the same time...can I smoke and play??...hmmm

to anyone that plays....Are you going to show your hand after winning a pot??....Poker Strategy says you shouldn't, BUT...it is only a friendly game and we would hate for "ANYONE" to have a "RESTLESS NIGHT'S SLEEP" after debating a folding hand...hmmm...lemme know...I don't mind showing my hand should we all agree...anyway...let me know

anyway....shuffle up and deal!!!...have a good day...see ya!!
Hopefully this will just be a start of more to come.

They setup I am considering is as follows. I hope to run a simulated game this weekend with a couple of computers, so that I now the in's and outs of the program.

I will run the tournament from my computer. For the tournament we will turnoff any features like hand advisor, calculator etc. I think that you can chose to show your hand, but the default should be not to.


You can download it from here:

DD Poker Download

Remeber it is free and you do not have to register it. It is pretty self explanitory, just create the user name with the same one here so that we know who is who, but when it comes time to play I will try to provide some detail instructions on connecting. I have already done it without a problem.

It also has a practice mode where you can simulate all types of setups. It also has this annoying music which you may want to turn off.





I am thinking 3PM EST, 12PM PST 9AM HST depending if we have any euro or asian timezone players.

Edit, and that buyin is a fake $1, it would not let me set it to 0.

Last edited by xman5; 12-02-2009 at 04:38 PM.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Warren, Ohio
Posts: 8,807
Sounds like a winner to me. Should be fun.
__________________
Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you have.
MarinePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
wiefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,489
Hi ya xman...I have downloaded the program...I will test it after I finish this post

lemme ask a favor from you and ALL of the participants...if possible...could we start about 3 or 4 hours EARLIER or even earlier...I have something to do that I cannot cancel and I do NOT mind waking up early Early

if this is a problem...no problemo...I will play it by ear...anyway...if this affects anyone, then do not worry about my schedule...I will go with the flow

anyway...have a good day folks...see ya....thanks for all of the work xman...see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #10
Contest Statistician
 
xman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,722
Originally Posted by wiefan View Post
Hi ya xman...I have downloaded the program...I will test it after I finish this post

lemme ask a favor from you and ALL of the participants...if possible...could we start about 3 or 4 hours EARLIER or even earlier...I have something to do that I cannot cancel and I do NOT mind waking up early Early

if this is a problem...no problemo...I will play it by ear...anyway...if this affects anyone, then do not worry about my schedule...I will go with the flow

anyway...have a good day folks...see ya....thanks for all of the work xman...see ya!!
I am basically open to anytime during the day. Personally earlier is fine with me. I choose 3pm EST (9AM HST) so that it was not too early for you.


How is 12PM EST, 9AM PST 6 AM HST for everyone.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2 PL2

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!