Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #1

Question Morning Drive going downhill?

I record Morning Drive and watch it while eating breakfast, making liberal use of the FF button on commercials and most of the fluff talk, but I usually end up watching about 45 minutes or so of the 2 hour show.

However, this week I find I am finishing very early with only about 20 minutes of viewing time of the 2 hours and this morning only about 10 minutes.

Is it just me getting tired of the show or is that show changing in some way that causes more use of the FF button than it should?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
NTB

In golf there isn't much news that will not in someway repeat itself.
You have heard it before..
Old 10-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #3

I quit watching after about the third week. Can't stand the mouthy know-nothing that sits on the left. The little guy seems to have some knowledge of golf...and some of the guests are good, but ,overall, the show is pretty dull and, typical of TGC, agonizingly full of commercials.
My friend in Orlando tells me that TGC parent company (NBC) isn't too happy with it and he says that big changes are in the works for after the first of the year. Just what, he didn't say, and I didn't ask.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
I quit watching after about the third week. Can't stand the mouthy know-nothing that sits on the left. The little guy seems to have some knowledge of golf...and some of the guests are good, but ,overall, the show is pretty dull and, typical of TGC, agonizingly full of commercials.
My friend in Orlando tells me that TGC parent company (NBC) isn't too happy with it and he says that big changes are in the works for after the first of the year. Just what, he didn't say, and I didn't ask.

Viva Annika
I think your are right Buzzer, Erik just isn't wearing well with time, his hyperactive manner of talking about everything that comes his way is really starting to get on my nerves.

Gary and Holly are OK.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
Forum Moderator

I was DVR'ing Morning Drive every day during the summer, but just stopped. There doesn't seem to be two hours of golf news to talk about everyday in October.

I can't imagine watching it in real time without the ability to fast forward through commercials.

I like Erik and Gary and most of their guest hosts. It's the content that's gotten old.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:53 PM   #6

Not a bad show but there is way too much Tiger Woods ass kissing and not enough LPGA Tour talk. I don't like Gary's premise that PGA Tour players should be grateful to Tiger Woods for large purses and should bend down and kiss the ring. When was the last time Tiger Woods played a John Deere Classic? If I was Steve Stricker I would be grateful to John Deere............... not Tiger Woods.
ajraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I was DVR'ing Morning Drive every day during the summer, but just stopped. There doesn't seem to be two hours of golf news to talk about everyday in October.

I can't imagine watching it in real time without the ability to fast forward through commercials.

I like Erik and Gary and most of their guest hosts. It's the content that's gotten old.
Don't you have a bathroom?
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #8

I'm a big Steve Stricker fan, but he should be grateful to Tiger for not playing John Deere.
Tiger is still the one people pay to see...as DB says, he is a people magnet. Probably most golf fans have lost respect for Tiger as a man, but still recognize he is the greatest golfer ever.
I have no respect for him, but I still am in awe of his past performance as a golfer and still watch when he is playing.
Tim Finchem and the players have all given Tiger credit for the dramatic rise in the purse structure. And the Aussies give his selection to the President's Cup team as the reason for a surge in ticket sales the day it was announced.

And so it goes...
Viva Annika
Old 10-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #9

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
I'm a big Steve Stricker fan, but he should be grateful to Tiger for not playing John Deere.
Tiger is still the one people pay to see...as DB says, he is a people magnet. Probably most golf fans have lost respect for Tiger as a man, but still recognize he is the greatest golfer ever.
I have no respect for him, but I still am in awe of his past performance as a golfer and still watch when he is playing.
Tim Finchem and the players have all given Tiger credit for the dramatic rise in the purse structure. And the Aussies give his selection to the President's Cup team as the reason for a surge in ticket sales the day it was announced.

And so it goes...
Viva Annika
Hey, your honor...the above is the first post I've seen you posted that made sense. Might be because you mentioned my name in a positive way!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #10

Well, DB, sometimes you make sense too.

Viva Annika