Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #11
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post

Xman, I'm surprised at you saying about being screwed on exchange rates. In my experience Visa use the bank exchange rates and not tourist rates so you get a better deal. Payments have been instant and not held up, however, I have at times had conversion rate fees added, a couple of dollars. I don't find that a problem for the convenience of using my card.
Sorry, my bad experience was that they decided to use the worst exchange rate that existed for the peroid. Just felt it was another example of them trying to get ya. I guess it may not have added up to a great difference but it was the pricipal of the matter. Just anti Credit card co's. That was a long time ago anyway, or I could be remembering the whole thing completely wrong! Thats how I remember it anyway.

They also say that travelers checks are a good way.

Last edited by xman5; 07-18-2010 at 04:31 PM.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #12

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Hey, MP....why not send Mama with Wiefan, then you can hit the courses all day/everyday.

Viva Annika

Great idea. I'll have to see if Mrs. Wiefan will go along with the idea, but it sounds great to me. I like the way you think.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #13

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Hey, MP....why not send Mama with Wiefan, then you can hit the courses all day/everyday.

Viva Annika
Originally Posted by MarinePaul
Great idea. I'll have to see if Mrs. Wiefan will go along with the idea, but it sounds great to me. I like the way you think.
According to my own personal experience, that ain't such a good idea, MP. One time, I asked Wiefan to take my woman in one of their vacations to Tahiti, and when they got back, she won't even look at me!

To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #14

Hi ya folks...

Hedwynn...my debit card is a Hawaiian Miles Debit card...if I use my pin number, I "DON'T" get credit for any Hawaiian Airline Miles....however if I have to sign to use my debit card, I get 1/2 Mile for every dollar spent...hey hey hey....using my mileage to go to Vegas is a Great deal for me...I can dig this

by the way, when I buy Tobacco for my "rolling my own cigarettes" the tobacco company I go through uses a Bank in England for it's transaction...thus I get charged on my Credit card a "TRANSACTION CONVERSION FEE"...ahhh but "small change" when I consider the SAVINGS I am getting on my cigarettes

Marine Paul....if you send the Mrs....please pad her with a lot of Euros....she just might end up TREATING me for a lot of Dinners....just kidding

Buzzer my friend...I want the Europeans to see me as a "FRIEND"...the "GO WIESY" button just might not do the trick...can I borrow a few of your OLD "GO ANNIKA" Buttons....hmmmm....I would think that EVERYONE in Europe "LOVES and ADORES" Annika...don't ya think so....hmmm

ahhh Dangerbob...actually, I think Mrs. MarinePaul will WORSHIP the Marine MORE than EVER after spending a few weeks with us Hawaiian folks...hmmm

xman...I am with you as far as using a CREDIT Card on vacation....Debit card is way way better an option if using PLASTIC....however, I like the convienence of Cash....I will see how much I can "FOLD and STUFF" into my Money belt...heck!!...I don't want the pickpockets to steal too much of my cash...lemme see them RIP off my Belt without my knowing...I don't think so...if they do, my pants will fall down...and this should tell me I am getting robbed....hmmmm....come to think of it.....I had better get some clean underwear without HOLES to pack...gulp!!

anyway...all of you have a great week...see ya
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #15

Wiefan, that last paragraph made that probably the funniest thing I've read on this site in a long, long time. Thanks for the laugh, buddy.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:17 PM   #16

Hi ya MarinePaul...funny huh....hmmmm....I found some hole-less ones that are kinda clean...but now I have to tinker with the LOOSE elastic band part....ahhh....living in Hawaii and having to WAIT for the merchant ships of the Missionaries to bring goods to the islands is a TOUGH life....lemme see if I can tie a knot in the elastic....either that or put on some weight....just kidding folks

have a good day in Warren...see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #17

Wiefan, go to the VA and tell them you need the allowance due to inclimate weather. It worked when we came back from Nam.