Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #21

Originally Posted by Elf
BTW. The earthquake was awesome. The biggest one in Mexico since the 1985 killer. Only positive factor was that millions of students and employees got the rest of the day off.
Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
Elf
I believe English is your 2nd language....I don't know if I'd use 'awesome' to describe an earthquake...an event that could have disastrous effects.

Awesome is a word generally used to describe something that is great, impressive, etc,

I hope the earthquake caused minimal damage.
Originally Posted by Elf
Definition of awesome by the Oxford dictionary: extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring awe. Example used: the awesome power of the atomic bomb.

Precisely my meaning of awesome in my post; just replace atomic bomb with an almost 8 earthquake. Each of us in the huge area of the tremor, are completely impotent against the power and energy emitting from the innards of the earth.
Originally Posted by Elf
Just wandering? How many secret service agents would travel with Malia and school friends for the week at Mount Rushmore and near by areas of interest?
I believe English is your 2nd language....I don't know if I'd use 'wandering' to be curious about how may secret service agents would travel with Malia and her school friends to see Mount Rushmore and near by areas of interest.

Wandering is when you walk or move in a leisurely, casual, or aimless way. Or when you're lost and you're wandering around.
I'd use "wondering".

Just teasing you Elf...hope you don't report us to Paula Creamer's lawyer.
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #22

Elf
I'm sure "wandering" was likely a typo.

Don't worry..... my Spanish is non-exsistent....and I have no honor.....I don't speak my mother tongue with any fluency.

I'm a banana.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #23
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
.hope you don't report us to Paula Creamer's lawyer.[/B]
Donít worry dangerbob, even your racial jokes (about 100 years old) do not merit much attention. I only use my contacts when "sickos" (I will catch hell for the word from my new English teacher, Mr3putt) insult Paula by insinuating she has a "ding-dong" instead of a vagina or besides a vagina. Paula does not deserve such disgusting innuendos.

Anyway, how many agents does Malia needs to travel by herself in the USA?
Mr3Putt: Maybe you can convince Rusty to put a spelling check back in to the message board.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #24

I suspect family members of past US presidents continue to have security....to what extent, I have no idea.

On the flipside.

I was walking back to the hotel at about 1130pm from the Eiffel Tower.
It was quite crowded and the I recognize a very unique voice. I turn around and see Jean Chretien, a previous Canadian Prime Minister, walk by talking to some gee-gee in a suit. There might have been security around him but I doubt it....other than we Canucks....I suspect few would recognize him....especially in a foreign country.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:51 AM   #25

Originally Posted by Elf View Post
Donít worry dangerbob, even your racial jokes (about 100 years old) do not merit much attention. I only use my contacts when "sickos" (I will catch hell for the word from my new English teacher, Mr3putt) insult Paula by insinuating she has a "ding-dong" instead of a vagina or besides a vagina. Paula does not deserve such disgusting innuendos.
I see you're back in full drama queen mode.

You appear to enjoy using the word 'vagina' in conjunction with Paula Creamer just a little too much,is it some sort of release for you ?...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 03-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #26

Originally Posted by NTB View Post
And with our borders wide open our crime rates are also going up.
What proof do you have of this? I'm not saying crossing the border illegally is ok but does one thing really equal the other? Also, I woul dhardly say the border is wide open. Haven't rates of illegal immigration gone down dramatically recently?
fetucinialfokcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #27

I have never bothered to read Travel Advisories from the State Department or individual states such as Arizona. But the general idea of all Advisories is that US Citizens should be aware of the dangers of going to Mexico. When one Mexican State or City goes extremely violent, they Advisories name the place. As the situation changes and violence moves to other areas the name of the States or cities and towns are changed. Probably, today Guadalajara is on the list. Few months ago the LPGA had an event there and the Pan-American Games took place in September October of last year. The City was nice and peaceful. Recently, it is a combat zone.
My personal opinion is that the advisories are greatly exaggerated and probably reflect points of view of American Tourism Boards that want millions of Tourist to stay away from Mexico and travel in the USA instead. American tourist killed, kiddnaped, raped or robbed in Mexico is about average for all other countries including the USA and probably lower than places such as NYC.
Of course, there are places such as Ciudad Juarez that should be avoided as much as possible (I would not recommend the City as a place to retire, LOL.). I do not travel in any road at night and stay away from small towns that are distribution centers of drugs.
There are over a million USA Citizens leaving in Mexico and most of them would never consider moving back to the USA.
One of my sons that lives in San Antonio, TX., always wanted to spend a summer traveling with his family by car all over Mexico. That, fortunately, is out of his plans. But spending a summer in Mexico with out so much car travelling and staying in beautiful fun cities with cultural areas and resorts is very safe.
I'm glad to see you're being sarcastic ( I think) an international tennis tournament was just played in Guadalajara last week.
fetucinialfokcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #28

Originally Posted by fetucinialfokcu View Post
What proof do you have of this? I'm not saying crossing the border illegally is ok but does one thing really equal the other? Also, I woul dhardly say the border is wide open. Haven't rates of illegal immigration gone down dramatically recently?
Of course it has. Most of them are already here.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #29

Originally Posted by fetucinialfokcu

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
Of course it has. Most of them are already here.
Is that the reason why they don't have swimming pool in Mexico? All those who can swim are already here.

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
Old 03-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #30

LOL...Elf. In all fairness to Saint-Just X, I don't think that's not what he meant when he referred to Paula Creamer. I forgot now, what word he used, but I read that post and I think in the U.S. it's the equivalent of the word "tomboy" which has nothing to do with her private parts. It simply means girls who like to do what some boys do. Maybe he was referring to when Paula Creamer visited an AirForce Base and flew a jet.

It's just language barrier, I suppose. You guys remind me of the Englishman and the American who were arguing what to call the top of an automobile that covers the engine. In England they call them Bonnets. Here in the U.S. we call them Hoods. The American said, "We are right, we invented the Automobiles. And the Englishman said, "Yeah...but we invented the language!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!