Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Putter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,571
London (and beyond) riots

OK, maybe it's just me, but I don't get this. Ah yes, we had our own stupid riot in Vancouver after a bloody HOCKEY TEAM didn't win the Stanley Cup, and yes, I understand how the familiy of the man killed would be upset, but come on...what in God's name does this have to do with setting fire to businesses that are people's livelihoods, and how exactly does it "make things better" if you steal a 42" Flat Screen TV? If all the people that this directly affected were to riot, you'd have about 4 or 5 people - why do these fools do this SH*T? Oh, never mind, it's because they're fools. Sometimes I really, REALLY hate people. When's the next golf tournament?
__________________
Putter
Putter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
Elf
Senior Member
 
Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 3,197
Send a message via MSN to Elf
Originally Posted by Putter View Post
OK, maybe it's just me, but I don't get this. Ah yes, we had our own stupid riot in Vancouver after a bloody HOCKEY TEAM didn't win the Stanley Cup, and yes, I understand how the familiy of the man killed would be upset, but come on...what in God's name does this have to do with setting fire to businesses that are people's livelihoods, and how exactly does it "make things better" if you steal a 42" Flat Screen TV? If all the people that this directly affected were to riot, you'd have about 4 or 5 people - why do these fools do this SH*T? Oh, never mind, it's because they're fools. Sometimes I really, REALLY hate people. When's the next golf tournament?
Norway, Buenos Aires, Libya, Somalia, Yemen, etc. etc. People, specially youngster, have no worthy expectations. What can they do? Riots, killings, drugs, revolutions.

In Mexico, I feel happy every night if I have not heard bad news from family and friends. Not many good nights as always there are problems.

I am going to get some sunshine. People are essentially good. I know what I am, and I will take you there, but....I am not sure about you....
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
Moderator
 
Saint-Just X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,076
Remember to all come and visit for next year's Olympics. *lulz*

Perhaps the 'yutes' are looking to get looting and arson entered as last minute additions to the list of Olympic events...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
__________________
Make Momoko Great Again (MMGA)- Rolex World Ranking as of 11/09/17 : 83rd
Saint-Just X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
Contest Statistician
 
xman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,722
The 100 meter flat screen dash.

I am reminded of the following:


London calling to the faraway towns
Now that war is declared-and battle come down
London calling to the underworld
Come out of the cupboard, all you boys and girls
London calling, now don't look at us
All that phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust
London calling, see we ain't got no swing
'Cept for the ring of that truncheon thing

Last edited by xman5; 08-09-2011 at 04:02 PM.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
Elf
Senior Member
 
Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 3,197
Send a message via MSN to Elf
Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
The 100 meter flat screen dash.

I am reminded of the following:


London calling to the faraway towns
Now that war is declared-and battle come down
London calling to the underworld
Come out of the cupboard, all you boys and girls
London calling, now don't look at us
All that phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust
London calling, see we ain't got no swing
'Cept for the ring of that truncheon thing

I like it, here is another by Adam Lindsay Gordon (1833 - 1870) but up to date in current events worldwide.


Sow and reap, and toil and spin;
Eat and drink, and dream and die;
Man may strive, yet never win,
And I laugh the while and cry —
Idle dreamer, earth-born elf!
Vainly grasping heavenly things,
Wherefore weariest thou thyself
With thy vain imaginings?
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #6
Moderator
 
Saint-Just X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,076
Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
The 100 meter flat screen dash.
There was one lad walking away from an electronics store with a huge flatscreen under his arm.

Well,both arms,actually,as he was having a great amount of difficulty getting a good grip on the thing.I was left wondering how he thought he was going to get it home.He was fine in the riot zone,as the police displayed their usual ineptness in the face of large-scale public disorder,but once he'd walked a couple of hundred yards,he'd be picked up by even the most dimwitted copper.

He probably walked around the corner and got mugged.

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
I am reminded of the following:


London calling to the faraway towns
Now that war is declared-and battle come down
London calling to the underworld
Come out of the cupboard, all you boys and girls
London calling, now don't look at us
All that phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust
London calling, see we ain't got no swing
'Cept for the ring of that truncheon thing
The Clash were all about the politics.

These yutes are all about getting their thieving mitts on the latest Nike and a Blackberry...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
__________________
Make Momoko Great Again (MMGA)- Rolex World Ranking as of 11/09/17 : 83rd
Saint-Just X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
Contest Statistician
 
xman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,722
Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
,but once he'd walked a couple of hundred yards,he'd be picked up by even the most dimwitted copper.

And be charged with not paying his TV tax.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #8
Donating Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,551
This summer my daughter lived (working and studying) in Beirut. She spent last summer in Syria but we talked her out of that place in anticipation of the riots. Fairly uneventful in Lebanon except when she was to leave she had an expired visa which took a day to clear up. Then she flies to London on Sunday just in time for the riots. Ironic. But back to the US tomorrow, I hope.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,118
Nothing less than yobs with criminal intent, yet some stupid TV reporter was calling the 'protestors'!! I guess they were 'protesting' the size TV they were trying to nick had already gone.

The people whose homes and businesses they have ruined will end up paying for it all, because when it comes to court these idiots will claim something is against their human rights. Set the miserable b*st*ards to work rebuilding all they've ruined.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Putter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,571
Too bad this isn't the "old west" - would love to see the Marshall and his posse go in there "guns a'blazin" - these small minded destructive idiots just make my blood boil.
__________________
Putter
Putter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2 PL2

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!