Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #1

Interesting and scary link

Hi ya folks...a Wiesy fan JCB from the Wiesy fan site posted this link

I know that all of you have seen Google from the ABOVE VIEW....well folks...this link is SCARY and at the same time so so interesting...this site will show you the FRONT and street view of ANYWHERE....just click on the "little Orange Man" and move him around....UTTERLY unbelievable

I found my house and it even shows my two cars in the garage and the one Parked in front...and the Pix is SUPER CLEAR

I am sure that when you click on this link, you will have HOURS of exploring...heck...I even found my daughters house on Maui

anyway....here is the link...tell me what you think

I am thinking of getting the addresses of the Hotels in Europe that we are going to be staying in...this site will allow me to Browse the streets and look at different stuff pre-hand...

here is the terriffic Link from JCB....enjoy folks and have a great week...see ya!!

Google Maps ... CBYQnwIwAA
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Donating Member

There was a drought locally the year they caught my house. So we can ID when they were circling overhead.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
Forum Moderator

Street view on Google has been around for at least three years, Wiefan. Did it just now get to Hawaii?

Street view is not done from overhead, ct. Did you mean that literally? The images are taken from vehicles at ground level using 360 degree cameras. You might be thinking of GoogleEarth.

Anyway, I agree. Scary but also interesting. Between stuff like this, the pervasive video "security" cameras in and on every building and street cameras, my computer IP number being tracked, my credit card transactions recorded ... there is no privacy anymore.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:07 AM   #4
Contest Statistician

Send a message via Yahoo to DJGOLFER59
The photo in front of my house is a few years old, its when I had my old car. I miss it
DJGOLFER59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:05 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Street view on Google has been around for at least three years, Wiefan. Did it just now get to Hawaii?

Street view is not done from overhead, ct. Did you mean that literally? The images are taken from vehicles at ground level using 360 degree cameras. You might be thinking of GoogleEarth.

Anyway, I agree. Scary but also interesting. Between stuff like this, the pervasive video "security" cameras in and on every building and street cameras, my computer IP number being tracked, my credit card transactions recorded ... there is no privacy anymore.
Hi ya Blue....jcd indicated that it has been around for some time....heck...it takes a long time for inventive stuff to cross the Pacific ....heck I still use my "Brownie Automatic" to take pixs..and I still record TV stuff on my Beta copier....hmmmm

alas...in Hawaii, we sometimes take a LONG time to "get into the groove of things"....heck we still wash clothes by the river Bank using scrubbing stones...and..sort of like Wiesy and her LPGA record....and also "just like Wiesy"...once we get the hang of it ( in Wiesy's case - Winning )...we focus and keep on plugging away....

ahhh shucks folks...I am so so FULL of Wiesy related analogies...I should write a Book

anyway...enjoy the link everyone and have a good day...see ya!!....did anyone even notice the "LACK of Human People" in the google pixs....anyway...see ya.....go Wiesy go!!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:25 AM   #6
NTB

Originally Posted by wiefan View Post
Hi ya Blue....jcd indicated that it has been around for some time....heck...it takes a long time for inventive stuff to cross the Pacific ....heck I still use my "Brownie Automatic" to take pixs..and I still record TV stuff on my Beta copier....hmmmm

alas...in Hawaii, we sometimes take a LONG time to "get into the groove of things"....heck we still wash clothes by the river Bank using scrubbing stones...and..sort of like Wiesy and her LPGA record....and also "just like Wiesy"...once we get the hang of it ( in Wiesy's case - Winning )...we focus and keep on plugging away....

ahhh shucks folks...I am so so FULL of Wiesy related analogies...I should write a Book

anyway...enjoy the link everyone and have a good day...see ya!!....did anyone even notice the "LACK of Human People" in the google pixs....anyway...see ya.....go Wiesy go!!
You have quite a wies in your voice better quit smoking there my friend.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:20 AM   #7

Yep, WF, it's been around for quite some time. One way of knowing how old 'your' picture is, is to find something recently built locally, say two to three years ago. If whatever it is was opened in 2008/09 and all you have is a patch of dirt you know it was taken at least two years ago. For instance I know the pix of where I live were taken around 2 years ago, because, like DJ, one of the neighbors has a newer car now.

There has been anti Google Street View here in some parts, invasion of privacy etc, and they will by pass your place is you catch them at it. I'm not sure why the complaints, unless you're vigorously polishing the family car or mowing the grass when you've called in sick. Remember when there was an outcry on the West coast because the overhead mapping showed people sunbathing naked on their roof top? Ha!

One thing I wish they would do is redo those areas which are currently not high definition. Where I lived in Australia is shown at street view, but you can't see any of the street or surrounding streets from the aeriel shots as it's totally blurred.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #8
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by wiefan View Post

I don't know about jcd. Your link didn't work and I don't go to Wiesy fan sites. I hope you all weren't using this to try to spy on her!

In Google street view that I've seen there are human people. The lack of them must be another Hawaiian thing.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #9
Contest Statistician

Why you should worry about these things.

Connecticut heads up Google Wi-Fi probe - CNN.com
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #10

Hi ya Blue...ahhh shucks...there is no need to spy on the kid...she is usually one of the players that they focus on in either Round One or Two...and this week, they will focus on the kid in ROUND THREE and FOUR.....hmmm

it must be a Hawaii thing because when I look at my relative houses...there is no People in the street scene....perhaps they took the pix when Wiesy was on TV shooting her Terriffic UNDER PAR rounds and every one was GLUED to their TV....hmmmm....Now this is a terriffic LOGICAL reason....don't ya think

anyway...have a good day...see ya!!

so this google site was done about TWO years ago or so huh....YIKES....this was when Wiesy had her HORRIFFIC, BONE-CRUSHING, PAINFUL, Close to Death injury....YIKES....there goes my previous reasoning....hmmm....lemme think this one out and come up with a MORE logical one.....see ya