Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #11

I celebrate Christmas, New Years Eve.... my Birthday.... and Chinese New Year. And any others that happen by in that time frame. :-)
Old 12-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #12

Originally Posted by Putter View Post
If you're asking where's the Celine Dion version, click on the link BKB gave and scroll down - look to your right and you'll find it.

Wiefan, I'm in your corner with this one - Celine Dion's version is brilliant. She drives me nuts sometimes, but there's no arguing she has one of THE best voices in the business.

Just as an aside WF, if you really want goosebumps, try to find Streisand's "America The Beautiful" and give that a listen!
Hi ya Putter...Barbara Streisand...YIKES!!!!...one of my SUPER DOOPER FAVORITES...lemme go and search for this

ahhh...that Celine Dion's O Holy Night was a super DOOZEY wasn't it...no wonder they had over 6 million hits at that one song of hers

anyway...lemme go and search for Barbara...have a great holiday...see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #13

Oh geez Wiefan, if she's one of your SUPER DUPER favorites, at least spell "Barbra" correctly!

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMYCj3IJ_VQ
Old 12-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #14

Originally Posted by greentee View Post
I celebrate Christmas, New Years Eve.... my Birthday.... and Chinese New Year. And any others that happen by in that time frame. :-)
In that case you can celebrate my January birthday too Greentee.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #15

If you're asking where's the Celine Dion version, click on the link BKB gave and scroll down - look to your right and you'll find it.

Wiefan, I'm in your corner with this one - Celine Dion's version is brilliant. She drives me nuts sometimes, but there's no arguing she has one of THE best voices in the business.

Just as an aside WF, if you really want goosebumps, try to find Streisand's "America The Beautiful" and give that a listen!
Ya.... some of the smooth blending of crossover cords are stunning, she has a great voice.

Hey, we Canadians are always on top, and cream of the crops... or maybe we are just so much closer to the top of the world, it just goes right to our heads. ;-)
Old 12-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #16

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Merry Christmas to everyone even if you don't celebrate it. As your token Jew, thanks for the Happy Hannukah wishes. I look forward to Christmas when the streets are empty and quiet, and we enjoy the annual tradition of a Chinese meal and then an afternoon movie.

BTW, my favorite Christmas song is Ave Maria. I'm not very smart about Christmas. I hope that is a Christmas song.
Hi ya Blue...here is my gift to you for the holiday...Ave Maria by Celine...SUPER STUFF....it even has the words as Celine sings it...

have a good holiday Blue for you and your family...see ya!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXw3Hj6vRoc
Old 12-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #17

In that case you can celebrate my January birthday too Greentee.
You to.... are you a Capricorn to, or a Sunshine girl Sagittarian.... or one of those future fantasy dreamer Aquarians? You got a choice here... be careful.... the half horse, half women, or a funny goat with or without a fishy tail, or that starry eyed dreamer who always like to carry water around whist he/she's contemplating tomorrow.

It was a very cold winters night, 40 below zero or more, not a creature was stirring, not even that Christmas mouse, outside the log cabin the deep snow was shining so bright in this the dead of winters night. At precisely 3 Am, on January the third, a wolf sang out to the Moon so high, and I was born... on the very very edge of the FireDog's territory.... it was so close, I was almost a Pig. :-)

Just kidding. Jan 3's my day.... though for 30 years I seldom celebrated it, as I would always be off to the far far woods in my job, Geo Seismic Blaster. I guess one could call me a traveling Goat, that likes the Sea as much as the Mountain.... I sure gave lots away anyways.... though some well say I am too easy a pushover. :-)

Happy Holidays all. :-)

Last edited by greentee; 12-15-2009 at 03:09 AM.
greentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #18

Hi ya Greentee and Putter...ahhh two fo my favorite Canadians Next to Izzy Beisiegal...anyway...Happy Birthday to the both of you....here is my gift to you

My FAVORITE Canadian Song...absolutely the best...and sung by the Canadian "Snowbird" herself Anne Murry...here we go folks

Maple Leaf Forever...God I love this song!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d45zJSHHwS8

have a great holiday...see ya!!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #19

Originally Posted by greentee View Post
You to.... are you a Capricorn to, or a Sunshine girl Sagaatarian.... or one of those future fantasy dreamer Agrarians? You got a choice here... be careful.... the half horse, half women, or funny goat with or without a fishy tail, or that starry eyed dreamer who always like to carry water around whist he/she's contemplating tomorrow.

It was a very cold winters night, 40 below zero or more, not a creature was stirring, not even that Christmas mouse, outside the log cabin the deep snow was shining so bright in this the dead of winter night. At precisely 3 Am, on January the third, a wolf sang out to the Moon, and I was born... on the very very edge of the FireDog's territory.... it was so close, I was almost a Pig. :-)

Just kidding. Jan 3's my day.... though for 30 years I seldom celebrated it, as I would always be off to the far far woods in my job, Geo Seismic Blaster. I guess one could call me a traveling Goat, that likes the Sea as much as the Mountain.... I sure gave lots away anyways.... though some well say I am too easy a pushover. :-)

Happy Holidays all. :-)
Maybe one of you fine neighbors to the North can help me...when I was in high school, I had a French teacher that loved to play a French Canadian pop song called "Canada" and I can't remember the singer...I remember I liked the song but there are too many songs named "Canada" to seach through them all on Zune or Itunes, etc...

...the only part I can remember is the chorus..."Canada, Je veux chanter comme Charlebois" (Canada, I want to sing like (Robert) Charlebois")...

...I know this is not much info, but does it at all ring a bell?

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #20

At first glance,I thought this thread was called 'Holiday Massage'.

I was half-expecting another Tiger Woods exposé...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X