Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2016, 07:18 PM   #1

Help Support an Iditarod Female Musher!

This is, no doubt, a first for myLPGA, however I am graciously asking that if anyone has an interest in providing financial support to a friend of mine, Sarah Stokey, she has just completed the Copper Basin 300 sled dog race in Alaska in training for her first time run in the Iditarod sled dog race in March.

If this post is eventually deemed not acceptable by the moderators, I will respect the decision with no question.

Sarah is a very down-to-earth young lady who has had a dream since a child of running the Iditarod sled dog race. Sarah and her husband operate Turning Heads Kennel in Seward, Alaska, where they allow visitors to experience life as a dog musher and educate people on proper dog care. Really, Sarah and her husband are two very down-to-earth people who gratefully appreciate any help coming their way. Her husband Travis is an Iditarod veteran who last year finished 11th in the race ... but all this comes little income for a race which Sarah estimates costs $25,000-$30,000 to participate in.

I can speak firsthand directly from my association with Sarah that a dog musher's life is truly a bare bones lifestyle with no luxuries and constant expenses they must try to pay for. Sarah herself is a wonderful person and most deserving of your support. Unfortunately, corporate sponsorship of dog mushers are rare therefore they must rely on grass roots help, exactly as I'm doing now.

Please contact me by private message, or publicly, if you are interested and thank you for your consideration! Thank you myLPGA!
Whistling Straight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:23 PM   #2
Administrator

Hi Whistling your more likely to get more donations if you set up a donation button from paypal on your post. Also if you can add a picture of Sarah and the dogs from the Copper Basin race, a picture will generate more donations and hopefully sponsorship. Anyway send your paypal email mate so I can make a small donation. Also fundraiser sites like https://www.gofundme.com/ might be helpful.

Last edited by Rusty; 01-15-2016 at 10:28 PM.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:05 AM   #3

Thank you Rusty. Sarah does have a fundraiser site: https://www.crowdrise.com/sarahstoke...er/sarahstokey

the kennel site that Sarah and her husband operate is :
Dog Sled Tours in Alaska. Turning Heads Kennel, Seward AK.

Thanks again to all who are interested!
Whistling Straight is offline   Reply With Quote