Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #31

Is DWTS demeaning or lowering...those were some pretty A list athletes on there...I remember when Monica Seles decided to go on...a lot of the current players on tour made good luck videos and everybody seemed to have fun with it...

...don't know if Natalie would do DWTS...but we know she did Apprentice and the Price Is Right...

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:51 PM   #32

I watched Nat on the Apprentice and thought she seemed rather "stiff" (you know, not really relaxed at any time) - her TPIR appearance was ok, they were giving away a golf vacation and lessons from her. I really don't think Nat would do DWTS.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:49 AM   #33

Originally Posted by Putter View Post
I watched Nat on the Apprentice and thought she seemed rather "stiff" (you know, not really relaxed at any time) - her TPIR appearance was ok, they were giving away a golf vacation and lessons from her. I really don't think Nat would do DWTS.
If Buzz Aldrin, Jerry Springer and Cloris Leachman can do it, why not Natalie Gulbis?

Natalie Gulbis dancing at the DWTS show!

To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #34

I didn't say she COULDN'T do it, I just said I didn't think she would. Yes, Buzz Aldrin & Chloris Leachman, now there's entertainment!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:01 AM   #35

Originally Posted by Putter View Post
I didn't say she COULDN'T do it, I just said I didn't think she would. Yes, Buzz Aldrin & Chloris Leachman, now there's entertainment!
How about Tom Delay?

YouTube - Week 3 - Tom DeLay - Dancing With The Stars

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #36

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Perhaps Delay was practicing for a possible appearance at the Texas Federal Prison Prom!

Now I'm hoping an LPGAer really does this and gives me a reason to watch DWTS...I think Natalie would be fantastic on that show...no nerves...she's been on TV outside of the LPGA realm many times and is a great ambassador for our sport...

---Bruce Lee

Old 07-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #37
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by bangkokbobby View Post
Now I'm hoping an LPGAer really does this and gives me a reason to watch DWTS...I think Natalie would be fantastic on that show...no nerves...she's been on TV outside of the LPGA realm many times and is a great ambassador for our sport...
Natalie is a fantastic ambassador the LPGA. If I had to vote, though, I'd pick someone else since Natalie is already the reality TV poster child for the LPGA. I'm not sure what you mean by "on the outside of the LPGA realm." She's already been on several reality TV shows including the Celebrity Apprentice and her own show, plus had a ton of other TV appearances.

You need someone very outgoing for DWTS and also someone attractive and someone who can laugh at herself. All the LPGA players are attractive. Not all have he other qualities. How about Paula Creamer or Brittany Lincicome or Morgan Pressel or In-Kyung Kim or Suzann Pettersen (who is drop dead gorgeous in street clothes).
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #38

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Natalie is a fantastic ambassador the LPGA. If I had to vote, though, I'd pick someone else since Natalie is already the reality TV poster child for the LPGA. I'm not sure what you mean by "on the outside of the LPGA realm." She's already been on several reality TV shows including the Celebrity Apprentice and her own show, plus had a ton of other TV appearances.

You need someone very outgoing for DWTS and also someone attractive and someone who can laugh at herself. All the LPGA players are attractive. Not all have he other qualities. How about Paula Creamer or Brittany Lincicome or Morgan Pressel or In-Kyung Kim or Suzann Pettersen (who is drop dead gorgeous in street clothes).
That was oblique wording on my part...what I meant was that LPGAers are on TV all the time and they give interviews after rounds, etc. But going outside the world of the LPGA and golf...being on a reality show...some of them might have a lot of nerves doing that...not Natalie...of course, there would be some nervousness competing on DWTS for everybody...but Natalie has been in the non-LPGA television world so many times I think she would do very well...

Pettersen drop dead gorgeous in street clothes? I don't believe it!

Holy Moly! Now I'm a believer!

---Bruce Lee

Old 07-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #39

Here is one of Shawn Johnson's winning performance on DWTS show:

YouTube - Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas Dancing with the Stars Final Freestyle

And here's one of Kristie Yamaguchi's:

YouTube - DWTS - Kristi Yamaguchi & Mark Ballas - Season 6 Jive

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.