Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #11

Originally Posted by BigBurt View Post
I can't see how anyone can watch tennis in the first place. Every time they hit the ball it sounds like they have the dry heaves.

Well said.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #12

At least three of the people on that list have retired.

That's desperately sad.

No track and field competitors,no golfers.

Who the hell did they ask ?...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 07-23-2010, 08:21 PM   #13
Forum Moderator

I think they said it was a a random selection of people who were willing to take a poll, so not necessarily sports fans.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #14

At least we all agree on this thread....so far!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:16 PM   #15
Donating Member

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Polls like this just measure name recognition.
And the number of sexy calendars or SI photoshoots they have on their resume.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #16

We've talked about this for years. It's the collateral damage of the media not promoting the proper LPGA players. You want to promote one player and ignore the rest of the more talented players? The truth comes out and you're left holding the bag. The LPGA is full of stars IMHO. The trick is for all the stars to be marketed and the negativity about Korean winners needs to stop. If it doesn't, the only ones watching the tour will be us extreme diehards.
ajraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #17

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
Shawn Johnson was in "Dancing With The Stars" reality TV show and she won!

Also, that depends on who the bunch of people the pollsters ask. If they asked people that thinks like me, they would have had a different results.

Like Notax says, "There is no way for this formula to be accurate enough to ever be taken serious."
Ah, I see...that goes a long way to explaining that. I have never watched that show. Even when I heard Monica Seles would be participating. Even though I think the world of her and feel she was on her way to having one of the best careers ever in tennis before she was stabbed, graceful is not an adjective I would use to describe her athleticism. She was pure focused aggression. So unless she surprised me and progressed deep into the season I was not going to watch DWTS.

True, Buzzer, tennis makes a better advertising effort to promote. Actually, everybody had good points. I even have to give props to BB...the grunting is pretty extreme...but with my all time favorite being Monica Seles, I developed an immunity to it long ago.

Have any LPGAers made an appearance on DWTS? That would be a nice step forward. Maybe somebody already with a large following like Natalie or Wiesy. Or maybe Paula or Cristie. It would help if it were a multiple winner. They (the networks) probably wouldn't do it, but something tells me Ai Miyazato or Ji Yai Shin would be a pistol on one of these shows.

Am I not remembering correctly or did Natalie once appear on a show with Trump. I don't follow Natalie as much as I should considering how highly I think of her sweet personality.

Do they still have Fear Factor? It would be cool (for me, anyway) to see Wiesy or Se Ri or Grace or Paula or any LPGAer on a show like that.

That reminds me...gotta go round up some Wiesy pics and comment on today less than stellar round...

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 07-23-2010 at 10:00 PM.
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #18

Originally Posted by ajraymond View Post
We've talked about this for years. It's the collateral damage of the media not promoting the proper LPGA players. You want to promote one player and ignore the rest of the more talented players? The truth comes out and you're left holding the bag. The LPGA is full of stars IMHO. The trick is for all the stars to be marketed and the negativity about Korean winners needs to stop. If it doesn't, the only ones watching the tour will be us extreme diehards.
Too late....pretty much it's the diehards who are watching the LPGA now.

"Negativity" about Koreans winners needs to stop? Who's gonna stop it? Who's causing it?

Frankly, some of the Korean winners are extremely difficult to market to fans who aren't "die hards." Some of them need to promote themselves to the media and fans the way Se Ri, Grace, and others did. You can't have a bunch of Korean speaking robots -- disconnected from the fans -- and blame the "media" for not promoting them.
LoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #19

Originally Posted by bangkokbobby View Post
Ah, I see...that goes a long way to explaining that. I have never watched that show. Evenwhwn I heard Monica Seles would be participating. Even though I think the world of her and feel she was on her way to having one of the best careers ever in tennis before she was stabbed, graceful is not an adjective I would use to describe her athleticism. She was pure focused aggression. So unless she surprised me and progressed deep into the season I was not going to watch DWTS.

True, Buzzer, tennis makes a better advertising effort to promote. Actually, everybody had good points. I even have to give props to BB...the grunting is pretty extreme...but with my all time favorite being Monica Seles, I developed an immunity to it long ago.

Have any LPGAers made an appearance on DWTS? That would be a nice step forward. Maybe somebody already with a large following like Natalie or Wiesy. Or maybe Paula or Cristie. It would help if it were a multiple winner. They probably wouldn't do it, but something tells me Ai Miyazato or Ji Yai Shin would be a pistol on one of thee shows.

Am I not remembering correctly or did Natalie once appear on a show with Trump. I don't follow Natalie as much as I should considering how highly I think of her sweet personality.

Do they still have Fear Factor? It would be cool (for me, anyway) to see Wiesy or Se Ri or Grace or Paula or any LPGAer on a show like that.

That reminds me...gotta go round up some Wiesy pics and comment on today less than stellar round...
None that I know of. Here are the athletes/sports figures that have appeared In DWTS show:(Not in order of their appearances).

1. Maurice Green(Sprinter-Track and Field)
2. Misty May-Treanor(Beach Volleyball)
3. Warren Sapp(football player)
4. Monica Seles(Tennis player) eliminated in the first round.
5. Jason Taylor(football player)
6. Kristi Yamaguchi(Figure skater)-Winner
7. Floyd Mayweather Jr.(Boxer)
8. Helio Castroneves(Race car driver)- winner
9. Clyde Drexter(Basketball player)
10. Laila Ali(Professional boxer)
11. Apolo Anton Ohno(Olympic Speed skater)- Winner
12. Emmitt Smith(Football player)-Winner
13. Stacy Keibler(Professional wrestler)
14. Jerry Rice(Football Player)
15. Evander Holyfield(Pro boxer)
16. Louie Vito(snowboarder)
17. Shawn Johnson(Olympic Gymnast)-Winner
18. Natalie Coughlin(Olympic Swimmer)
19. Evan Lysacek(Ollympic Ice Skater)
20. Chad Johnson(Football player).

Natalie Gulbis was on the Donald's "Celebrity Apprentice."
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #20
NTB

To bad we have all forgotten about lady Surfers.
Don't kill me LOJO.