Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 04:17 AM   #21

As a former sportswriter, maybe I could add my feelings about the Wie part at least. Here is what Blue said about Michelle: "she was the defending champion and got a top-10 finish for a change." Now get this everyone, how does anyone in their right mind make that comment with a straight face? A top-10 finish? Is a T-2 finish, one stroke out of a playoff, with the winner getting a very lucky free drop on 18, to make it even closer, even remotely the same as a top-10 finish, four or five stroks behind the winner, and never having a chance of winning?

On Michelle's chances of being dominate in the LPGA, I say she has a very good chance! With her long putter finally getting comfortable for her, I think she could dominate for the rest of this season. All we have to do is study how well she played the final seven holes of the CWO, under the worst of golfing conditions, to realize what she can do now!
UpDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:01 AM   #22

You forgot to add sleeping to Brit's list of interests. For a 20 something year old she seems to need a lot of sleep. Where Brit is a kangaroo short in the top paddock is not realising she has the potential to be a very good player and a # 1, her comment about 'not having ever thought about being Number 1' reveals a lot.

I think when Wei mentioned multi dimentional she was referring to money making interests and not 'entertainment' interests.

Wie cut the cord? Haven't we been through all this regarding ethnic heritage?
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:46 AM   #23

Originally Posted by UpDev View Post
As a former sportswriter, maybe I could add my feelings about the Wie part at least. Here is what Blue said about Michelle: "she was the defending champion and got a top-10 finish for a change." Now get this everyone, how does anyone in their right mind make that comment with a straight face? A top-10 finish? Is a T-2 finish, one stroke out of a playoff, with the winner getting a very lucky free drop on 18, to make it even closer, even remotely the same as a top-10 finish, four or five stroks behind the winner, and never having a chance of winning?

On Michelle's chances of being dominate in the LPGA, I say she has a very good chance! With her long putter finally getting comfortable for her, I think she could dominate for the rest of this season. All we have to do is study how well she played the final seven holes of the CWO, under the worst of golfing conditions, to realize what she can do now!
Interesting post. I agree with your first paragraph for the most part, but just don't see MW "dominating." As to how she played the last seven holes, we've seen it before. Flashes of brilliance followed by a meltdown.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:20 AM   #24

All we have to do is study how well she played the final seven holes of the CWO, under the worst of golfing conditions, to realize what she can do now!
How typical!
It's not where Wie finishes or how she's done so far this year in the stats. It's "look what she did on those seven holes" that determine what she'll do the rest of the year.

Journalist? I'd believe stand up comedy easier. Hey, is that why you're Up Dev?
Old 08-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #25
Administrator

There is nothing wrong with being optimistic and supporting your favorite player, or disagreeing with that person. Its criticizing someones profession because you don't like there argument or point of view I don't like.

I'm a very critical person but I don't attack a person's profession before I've even read one of there articles.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #26

Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
There is nothing wrong with being optimistic and supporting your favorite player, or disagreeing with that person. Its criticizing someones profession because you don't like there argument or point of view I don't like.

I'm a very critical person but I don't attack a person's profession before I've even read one of there articles.
That's because Cleo is a comedian, Rusty...except that he is an amateur! LOL
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #27
Contest Statistician

Agree mostly.

The one thing that will stand in the way, and this goes for anyone else is they will have to get passed Yani Tseng who only shows signs of getting better.

Will either of them get to Annika dominance level, that remains to be seen.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #28

It's just like you Wieners to say the other player got a lucky this or that.
Brittany received a fair drop, under the rules. What did you expect to happen? Did you want Brittany to be forced to play the ball among the table and chairs in that area, if so, you are a pure knucklehead.

This long putter business being Wiesy putting savior, IMO, is as stupid as stupid can be. Wiesy is not using that belly length putter properly, she is not anchoring it to her belly, she is simply choking down on a long putter to about where she would grip a normal length putter. Does it help her putting? If she thinks it does, it probably does help in the short term, but it will not last, because the way she uses it is not fundamentally different than using a normal length putter. All she has to do is miss a few and she will be right back where she always has been, an inconsistent putter.

As for conditions, don't try and pretend to us that Wiesy was the only one who experienced bad weather while playing those last 7 holes, the winner of the event was in the middle of it too.

As for domination on the LPGA tour, once again, it is a dream of the Wieners for Wiesy to dominate, but that's all it is, a Wiener dream, nothing more.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #29
Forum Moderator

Boola/Up... We've been over this concept before. You can't pick just pick seven isolated holes and extrapolate to an entire season. You've been trying to do this for years. It doesn't work. Not for Michelle Wie and not for anyone else. Michelle Wie is still not dominating on the LPGA Tour. She's won two tournaments in 100 starts. That's more than a lot of people, less than all the superstars. She still gets a lot of attention because 1) people remember the 15 year old kid who got top 10s in majors 2) she was the girl who played with the men. That was a long time ago.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #30
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
It's just like you Wieners to say the other player got a lucky this or that.
Brittany received a fair drop, under the rules. What did you expect to happen? Did you want Brittany to be forced to play the ball among the table and chairs in that area, if so, you are a pure knucklehead.

This long putter business being Wiesy putting savior, IMO, is as stupid as stupid can be. Wiesy is not using that belly length putter properly, she is not anchoring it to her belly, she is simply choking down on a long putter to about where she would grip a normal length putter. Does it help her putting? If she thinks it does, it probably does help in the short term, but it will not last, because the way she uses it is not fundamentally different than using a normal length putter. All she has to do is miss a few and she will be right back where she always has been, an inconsistent putter.

As for conditions, don't try and pretend to us that Wiesy was the only one who experienced bad weather while playing those last 7 holes, the winner of the event was in the middle of it too.

As for domination on the LPGA tour, once again, it is a dream of the Wieners for Wiesy to dominate, but that's all it is, a Wiener dream, nothing more.
Good post gxer. Spot on all the way.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote