Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #11

Bet Michelle is just itching for the Solheim - I saw so much of the "helicopter parents" in Calgary it almost made me ill. You're right CG - she is not in the least bit happy when they have her doing all this crap. I would think that Michelle is at an age when she can look after her own game and practice when SHE wants to. ARRRGGGHHHH, those parents drive me CRAZY! (or crazier!)
Old 08-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #12

Whoa! I just realized this is turning into a "Michelle Wie" thread - phew, good thing I caught that! I'm pretty sure it was started because of what the "writers" were saying about Lincicome. Hey, she seems like a good kid (and as a Canuck, I love the "A.J. Factor") but seriously folks, I follow her on Twitter, and she's not the brightest bulb in the pack! Nothing wrong with that.....just sayin'

*Before anyone gives me hell for saying that, I just want it made clear that I like Britt - I waited too long to declare that I actually liked Wie when it was the parents I was being critical off and got labelled a "hater" - I'm not a Britt or Wie hater!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:39 PM   #13
Forum Moderator

The scenario with Michelle Wie and her parent has been going on for years. I first saw it in 2004 and saw it still happening in 2011.

When she was 14 I blamed her parents. Now that she's nearly 22, I blame her. If she really wants to be a golfer, she has to learn to do it on her own terms and motivated by herself.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #14
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Putter View Post
Whoa! I just realized this is turning into a "Michelle Wie" thread - phew, good thing I caught that! I'm pretty sure it was started because of what the "writers" were saying about Lincicome. Hey, she seems like a good kid (and as a Canuck, I love the "A.J. Factor") but seriously folks, I follow her on Twitter, and she's not the brightest bulb in the pack! Nothing wrong with that.....just sayin'

*Before anyone gives me hell for saying that, I just want it made clear that I like Britt - I waited too long to declare that I actually liked Wie when it was the parents I was being critical off and got labelled a "hater" - I'm not a Britt or Wie hater!
Huh? This is a Michelle Wie thread. The golfwriters made it so. Lincicome not the brightest bulb in fixture? Sure. But still not to Dustin Johnson level. So we are now arguing over who's the dumbest golfer in all of golfdom....
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #15

Brittany makes a million a year working weekends. We castigate her for not wanting to bust her a$$ on the practise range. She dashes home to the mall, plays a little tennis, goes to the marina and takes her boat out to her favorite fishing spot and does what she damn pleases.
AND WE'RE THE SMART ONES?????

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:09 PM   #16

MW solution.
Get married soon to some rich man....then her new hubby will tell BJ to FO....and if he wants to obsess over golf....tell him to play EA's Tiger Woods 2011 24/7.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #17

Originally Posted by Putter View Post

Ya, Brit might not be the brightest star in the night....but I'm sure Brit's BF...if she has one.....is not looking for intellectual conversations.

Most BF's would be happy enough to have a millionaire bread winner who plays golf, fish, poker and a little lovin.....we men can be simple creatures...ok...at least I'm simple.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:16 PM   #18

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Brittany makes a million a year working weekends. We castigate her for not wanting to bust her a$$ on the practise range. She dashes home to the mall, plays a little tennis, goes to the marina and takes her boat out to her favorite fishing spot and does what she damn pleases.

Viva Annika
Buzz

Spot on....why bang balls when you can make $1M+ year....working only 25 wks and enjoying life 27 wks.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #19

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Huh? This is a Michelle Wie thread. The golfwriters made it so. Lincicome not the brightest bulb in fixture? Sure. But still not to Dustin Johnson level. So we are now arguing over who's the dumbest golfer in all of golfdom....
Oh, ok - I thought since it was in the "Anything" folder and was sub-titled "Brittany Lincicome - The Female Dustin Johnson?" is was about Britt. Good on the golf writers for changing it when I least expected it!

I didn't say Britt was on the same level as Johnson, I just merely said, I follow her, and incorrect spelling aside, she can be a bit of ditz - not that there's anything wrong with that! I'm not arguing over who's the dumbest golfer of all time - I'm sure there's lots of them.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:45 PM   #20

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Right you are Buzzer - if she's happy playing this funny little game the way she wants to play it, who are we to chastise her for it? A lot has been said about her not being serious enough about the game, but hell, if she's getting what SHE wants out of it, more power to her - not a bad living in my eyes!