Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #111

Hello my friends...yes I still check into this site on occasion. As for my contribution, I nominate this thread to be the charter thread of the mylpga.com hall of fame as the perfect representation of personalities, topics, humor, comaraderie, and friction, for which makes this site dynamic and yes, on occasion, thought-provoking.

Thanks for the entertainment, and after everything that has been commented-on, the only issue for which I felt strongly about was MP's comments regarding fans of Michelle Wie. I agree with MP, there's a point for which we should show proper respect to people, regardless of our diverse opinions. Hope I haven't insulted anyone!
Whistling Straight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #112

Originally Posted by Whistling Straight View Post
Hello my friends...yes I still check into this site on occasion. As for my contribution, I nominate this thread to be the charter thread of the mylpga.com hall of fame as the perfect representation of personalities, topics, humor, comaraderie, and friction, for which makes this site dynamic and yes, on occasion, thought-provoking.

Thanks for the entertainment, and after everything that has been commented-on, the only issue for which I felt strongly about was MP's comments regarding fans of Michelle Wie. I agree with MP, there's a point for which we should show proper respect to people, regardless of our diverse opinions. Hope I haven't insulted anyone!
The above post deserve this trophy:
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!

Last edited by dangerbob; 09-01-2011 at 10:41 PM.
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #113

Originally Posted by Whistling Straight View Post

Here is what updev wrote and I highlighted the main problem with his so-called "opinion".
----------------------------------------------------
As a former sportswriter, maybe I could add my feelings about the Wie part at least. Here is what Blue said about Michelle: "she was the defending champion and got a top-10 finish for a change." Now get this everyone, how does anyone in their right mind make that comment with a straight face? A top-10 finish? Is a T-2 finish, one stroke out of a playoff, with the winner getting a very lucky free drop on 18, to make it even closer, even remotely the same as a top-10 finish, four or five stroks behind the winner, and never having a chance of winning?

On Michelle's chances of being dominate in the LPGA, I say she has a very good chance! With her long putter finally getting comfortable for her, I think she could dominate for the rest of this season. All we have to do is study how well she played the final seven holes of the CWO, under the worst of golfing conditions, to realize what she can do now!
---------------------------------------------------

See what I mean, updev doesn't deserve respect, he is so damn biased toward Wiesy, he can't even think straight!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #114

Gxer, the problem is that there are several people who are just as negative against Wie as UpDev and Wiefan are biased toward her. Does that mean they also don't deserve respect?

I did take exception to the "Lucky drop" comment, and we all know that Wie's last seven holes don't necessarily indicate future domination. The fact remains, he's entitled to his opinion, no matter how ridiculous it sometimes seems.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #115

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
Gxer, the problem is that there are several people who are just as negative against Wie as UpDev and Wiefan are biased toward her. Does that mean they also don't deserve respect?

I did take exception to the "Lucky drop" comment, and we all know that Wie's last seven holes don't necessarily indicate future domination. The fact remains, he's entitled to his opinion, no matter how ridiculous it sometimes seems.
Oh, he is entitled to his opinion, but there are more times than not, when he does not deserve respect for those opinions. Well, that's my opinion of his opinions, of course, and, by the way, I'll choose whether to respect his opinions or not, I will not be forced to go lockstep down some PC path with you and Blue.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #116

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
Oh, he is entitled to his opinion, but there are more times than not, when he does not deserve respect for those opinions. Well, that's my opinion of his opinions, of course, and, by the way, I'll choose whether to respect his opinions or not, I will not be forced to go lockstep down some PC path with you and Blue.
You are, in fact, entitled to your opinion. Where did I say you weren't? As far as being PC, I'm about as far from that as you'll find. That doesn't mean I'll approve of supposed adults acting like three-year- olds with name calling. What's next, "nananananana?" The strange thing about respect is, you usually get about as much as you give.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #117

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
You are, in fact, entitled to your opinion. Where did I say you weren't? As far as being PC, I'm about as far from that as you'll find. That doesn't mean I'll approve of supposed adults acting like three-year- olds with name calling. What's next, "nananananana?" The strange thing about respect is, you usually get about as much as you give.
You are very funny MP, a laugh a minute type of guy.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #118

Like the not-so-great Rodney King would say, "Can't we all just get along?"

To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!

Last edited by dangerbob; 09-02-2011 at 09:08 PM.
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote