Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 12:29 PM   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1

Golfweek For Her

The latest online issue...they really set up the magazine nicely online...there are arrows along the top of the issue to turn pages...but also, you can click on the titles printed on the cover page to go directly to that article...

CLICK ON PHOTO TO GO TO ONLINE MAGAZINE

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #2

Here is a video of Durameds players Hannah Jun and Ryann O'Toole in their photoshoot for Golfweek for Her...

---Bruce Lee

Old 06-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #3

Hi ya Bangkokbobby...a Terriffic find by you...you are still one of my FAVORITE POSTERS EVER....way to go BKB...

anyway....I have a question, I have saved your link to the Golf Week...I wonder if I will be able to get the next issue when it comes out....just curious

talking about Publications...the Biggest Newspaper in Hawaii ( The Honolulu Advertiser) has just printed their LAST edition...they got bought out by a smaller newspaper company....pretty sad moment as almost 400+ jobs were lost in this new venture...with the Hawaiian Island being so small and isolated, I am positive that EVERYONE on the Island knows and/or are related to someone that got affected by this move

anyway....all of you have a good day...see ya!!...again...great find BKB....keep up the OUTSTANDING job you are doing...I am keeping my membership in the Bangkokbobby fan club...whew...thank goodness the monthly membership dues are FREE...in my wiefan fan club, I gotta pay BIG BUCKS for my members to at least even register...and my spouse and kids are already 7 years in Back payment dues....hmmm...perhaps I should start making SHORT boring posts instead of Obnoxious LONG BORING ONES....ahhh...hard to change the spots on a Leopard...especially when it is an OLD Leopard

anyway...see ya...have a good week everyone....see ya...go Wiesy go!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
Administrator

Hi Bangkokbobby there is a issue with this magazine link. Usually you have to pay for access to the magazine. However it appears they have stuffed up with the login protection.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #5

Thanks again for the compliments, wiefan...now get over to ss.com and revive the Michelle Wie thread!!

...it's become pretty neglected and out of date...

Hiya, Rusty...true, the regular Golfweek has a password...but the link to Golfweek for Her, which HF posted in the ss.com forum but originally could be found here at lpga.com doesn't seem to have one:

LPGA.com

...there is a link near the top that says "click here to read this issue"...

...the link from the lpga.com page has no password protection...it seems like the Golfweek for Her issue is just an annual special issue...they charge $5.95 for a print copy, but perhaps there is no charge for the digital version...I doubt the LPGA or anybody picked up the tab...

---Bruce Lee

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 06-06-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #6
Donating Member

Thanks BB for the link. I had a good time reading tonight.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #7

the photography is excellent, the girls look great, especially Creamer and Rawson.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #8
Forum Moderator

The subhead "for stylish women goflers" is true. It's mostly a fashion and style mag about clothes and makeup. Perhaps that's what it took to get the sponsors. That's fine as long it's honest that that's what it is really about. It's not a publication about women's golf news beyond what the players are wearing on the course or where they shop at the mall.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:23 PM   #9
Donating Member

There was enough non-fashion that I read the mag. I liked the bit on Cristie Kerr's swing. If I could just emulate that once in a while.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:15 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
The subhead "for stylish women goflers" is true. It's mostly a fashion and style mag about clothes and makeup. Perhaps that's what it took to get the sponsors. That's fine as long it's honest that that's what it is really about. It's not a publication about women's golf news beyond what the players are wearing on the course or where they shop at the mall.
Have to agree with you there Blue - when "Golf For Women" first came out it was an interesting magazine, often giving behind the scenes looks at a lot of players on the LPGA and other tours - after awhile it just turned into the "Cosmo of Golf" and I quit buying it. Golf For Her looks like it's starting out as a "fashion" golf magazine that will hopefully morph into an honest to goodness look at actual women's GOLF!