Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

Reply
 
LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 05:14 AM   #11
Moderator
 
Saint-Just X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,076
Personally,I enjoyed looking at the fashion...

*pouts*

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
__________________
Make Momoko Great Again (MMGA)- Rolex World Ranking as of 11/09/17 : 83rd
Saint-Just X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
dangerbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,528
Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
Personally,I enjoyed looking at the fashion...

*pouts*

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
The fashion or the "mannequins"?

*smiles*
__________________
"On this hapless EARTH
There's small SINCERITY of mirth
And LAUGHTER oft is but an ART
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"


Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!

Last edited by dangerbob; 06-09-2010 at 09:28 AM.
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #13
Moderator
 
Saint-Just X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,076
Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
The fashion or the "mannequins"?

*smiles*
I was partial to both...

*winks*

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
__________________
Make Momoko Great Again (MMGA)- Rolex World Ranking as of 11/09/17 : 83rd
Saint-Just X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:48 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Putter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,571
Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
Personally,I enjoyed looking at the fashion...
Fashion is fine, but when it takes over the entire "golf" magazine, it's no longer a GOLF magazine. Dedicate a few pages to it and move on. If I'm buying a women's golf magazine I want to read about golf - if I need the latest golf fashions, I can go to my local pro shop or check it out on the internet. I realize the men don't look at it the same way - subscribe to Vogue or something if all you want is fashion.
__________________
Putter
Putter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:53 AM   #15
Moderator
 
Saint-Just X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,076
Originally Posted by Putter View Post
Fashion is fine, but when it takes over the entire "golf" magazine, it's no longer a GOLF magazine. Dedicate a few pages to it and move on. If I'm buying a women's golf magazine I want to read about golf - if I need the latest golf fashions, I can go to my local pro shop or check it out on the internet. I realize the men don't look at it the same way - subscribe to Vogue or something if all you want is fashion.
It had Anna Rawson on the cover.

In a sparkly frock.

That,right there,was an indication of its content.

I enjoyed it as a piece of fluff ;it was the kind of thing one would read on a plane journey...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
__________________
Make Momoko Great Again (MMGA)- Rolex World Ranking as of 11/09/17 : 83rd
Saint-Just X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:33 AM   #16
Moderator
 
Buzzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Posts: 3,797
Geez Putter.....I'da thought you'd like the fashions in the on-line version of GOLF for HER.
The fashions in your pro shop are nice.....spiked mukluks, lined golf gloves, lambs wool club grips, colorful hooded parkas, etc......and it's nice that the new rule about a snow shovel in the bag no longer counting as a 15th club has been approved. Having daylight t'il midnight helps lower the handicap, too....eh?

Just kidding, Miss Budweiser.....have a great summer......while it lasts.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:54 AM   #17
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,053
Originally Posted by ctmurray View Post
There was enough non-fashion that I read the mag. I liked the bit on Cristie Kerr's swing. If I could just emulate that once in a while.
I didn't count, but maybe there were four actual golf pages in the mag. I liked the story on Cristie Kerr's swing too, but I had to wade through 50 pages of the what Jee Young Lee's favorite color of lip gloss is to find it. If I want to find makeup and shopping tips, I'll buy Vogue or InStyle or just go to the mall. I definitely don't look to a golf magazine for that.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:00 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Putter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,571
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Geez Putter.....I'da thought you'd like the fashions in the on-line version of GOLF for HER.
The fashions in your pro shop are nice.....spiked mukluks, lined golf gloves, lambs wool club grips, colorful hooded parkas, etc......and it's nice that the new rule about a snow shovel in the bag no longer counting as a 15th club has been approved. Having daylight t'il midnight helps lower the handicap, too....eh?

Just kidding, Miss Budweiser.....have a great summer......while it lasts.
Oh Buzzer, you're such a card! Believe it or not we actually do get summer up here - you'd never know it by the weather we've had lately (temps in the high 40's and so much rain I've lost track of the days), but we DO get it! Um, I'm not that far up north that we get daylight until midnight - we don't get the "Northern Lights" either - I believe there is a state that belongs to the USA that gets them though!

You have a great summer too my friend - don't muss your hair too much driving around in the convertible and watch out for shark-infested waters. Cheers to you too!
__________________
Putter
Putter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mylpga.com/forum/f24/golfweek-her-6158.html
Posted By For Type Date
Seoul Sisters Golf // View topic - Golfweek for Her This thread Refback 06-06-2010 11:01 PM
Seoul Sisters Golf // View topic - Golfweek for Her This thread Refback 06-06-2010 10:41 PM
Seoul Sisters Golf // View topic - Golfweek for Her This thread Refback 06-06-2010 12:35 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2 PL2

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!