Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #21
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
3putt--
I assume you have never been to an LPGA event.
You've read my posts and know I've attended many events (17 LPGA events starting from 1980 and more if there were more events here in the PNW)...but your statement doesn't surprise me...your MO is to antagonize others.

My favs aren't just the 20 something pros..they also include one's in their 30's & 40's and 50's like Vicki Goetz, Leta L, Laura Diaz, Kris Tschetter, Jackie Gallagher, Stephanie L, Jan Stephenson, Cindy Figg Currier, Cindy Rarick, etc.

My gorgeous wife is 13 yrs older than I...so much for I only attracted to younger ladies.

I prefer to see an attractive lady in a nice business suit vs. a bikini.
Sorry. I don't have all of your posts and your entire biography memorized but if I do recall correctly your first post here when you said you mainly just like the good looking girls. I'm not trying to antagonize you, just recalling what you've said here when you first introduced yourself:

Hi
Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
Finally decided to join.

I was a TGC forum member...but after 2+ months.....they aren`t doing anything about reprogramming the DB.
Maybe too much headaches monitoring the trolls...lol.

I met Cougar in 2010 in Portland....as many of you know...he is a fine gentleman....and knows all the inside scoop.

I know CanadianGlen from TGC.
You`ll see a lot of ribbing back and forth.
We have some side bets on Blumie vs. Aza.

I have a lot favourite LPGA players and it will comes as no surprise via my future threads I generally only like the good looking gals.
Sorry if you're offended!

Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:58 AM   #22

Originally Posted by LoJo View Post
My guess is that viewers turned off the coverage when it was clearly a blow out by some Chinese player.

Would they have done so if it had been a non Asian player? If it had been Paula or Morgan or Wie?
Are the viewing figures in,LoJo ? There's been a blow-out in successive years,I'm just curious as to whether the tv audience was much higher when there was an American lapping the field.

I don't believe blow-outs,in general,are good for attracting an audience.

I think a lot of people will turn off if someone,anyone,is cruising to victory.The fact is,golf isn't exciting to watch if there's no final round drama.

I've got two friends who love golf,bear in mind they are British,too,who didn't watch the last round of Rory's US Open win because the result was a foregone conclusion.It's a reasonable opinion.I thought the US Open was a dreadful bore,notwithstanding the record-breaking aspect.

Wie winning a Major in a blow-out ? Never lose that sense of humour,girl...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 06-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #23
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
foregone conclusion.It's a reasonable opinion.I thought the US Open was a dreadful bore,notwithstanding the record-breaking aspect.
Yes it was a bit of a bore, but as a golf fan, I am always going to watch the US Open no matter what. Same goes for the British Open.

Some years are better then others. Thats just the way it is.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #24
sag

They're missing some of the biggest stories in women's golf at the half-way point of the 2011 season:
1. The fading dominance of Korean players, notably Na Yeon Choi and Song Hee Kim, but also IK Kim,Hee Young Park and others. There are only two Koreans in the top 10 only the money list and they are barely hanging on.
Ask and ye shall receive:

Ron Sirak: After Years Of LPGA Success, Koreans Troubled By Barren '11: Golf Digest
sag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #25
Forum Moderator

Thank you. Now what would it take for the sportwriters roundtable to include some writers with actual, not pretend, knowledge of wonen's golf? They can start with Ron Sirak and Beth Ann Baldry.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:02 AM   #26
Forum Moderator

Even some of the Golf Channel "reporters" apparently are ignorant about the LPGA when not reading off the TelePrompter.

Kraig Kann was sitting in for Erik Kouselias (sp?) today on Morning Drive and among his brilliant observations ...

1. Yani Tseng is going for her fourth major at the USWO. He was corrected by Frank Nobilo (sitting in for Gary Williams) and he still seemed puzzled.
2. Claimed that if Yani becomes the face of the LPGA Tour the language barrier will be a problem. Obviously he hasn't listened to her lately.
3. Said Michelle Wie is just waiting to get out on the LPGA full time. Hasn't she been playing a full schedule since she joined the tour? Maybe he missed the fact that it's the tour schedule that's not full time.
4. When comparing Yani's major to Annika's major record, agreed with Frank that Yani did it early then said, "Yeah, 22 compared to 24." What? Annika was 31 by the time she won four majors. She was 24 when she won her first major (Yani was 18). If you're going to go on TV and be the voice of golf, you have to know these facts or at least be able to learn them before you put your face and mouth on TV.

Kann is very voluble when talking about men's golf but as soon as he has to go off script and talk about the LPGA, he's like a stammering deer in the headlights and changes the topic as soon as he possibly can.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #27

The LPGA is looked at as the red headed stepchild. Most of these clowns don't have a clue.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #28

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
The LPGA is looked at as the red headed stepchild. Most of these clowns don't have a clue.
The golf channel is giving some attention to Yani but only because they have no choice, Yani is the story in women's golf this year.

Of course, we all know that the wet dream for nearly everyone at the golf channel is for Wiesy to be the Queen of the LPGA tour but that, IMO, isn't going to happen anytime soon, if ever.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #29
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
I've had some hope because the regular Morning Drive guys, especially Gary Williams are knowledgeable and do take the LPGA seriously and they even have Annika on every week for at least half an hour, but when they resort to the stock GC clowns, it's sad.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #30

I've had some hope because the regular Morning Drive guys, especially Gary Williams are knowledgeable and do take the LPGA seriously and they even have Annika on every week for at least half an hour, but when they resort to the stock GC clowns, it's sad.
Morning Drive is the exception to the rule. Unfortunately, we see a lot more of the "stock GC clowns." And that truly is sad.