Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #31

If the LPGA doesn't add several more tournaments then maybe only Tseng will make the HOF in the near future. To earn 27 points a player would need to win at least three tournaments a year...and it would take nine years to make 27 points. It could be shortened a little by making one of those wins a major....but you get my point, eh?

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #32

gxer - I know I'd be opening up a can of worms here to suggest/hint they lower the HOF requirements. I've read lots of opinions about that topic already! I personally feel they (the LPGA) needs to address the issue that the players today play in a limited amount of tournaments compared to a few years ago. 27 points is already a high hurdle to reach.

Perhaps award a fraction of a point for wins outside the US LPGA (up to a certain point)? Example: .25 HOF point for a KLPGA, JLPGA, or LET win. This is supposedly for the "WORLD" Golf Hall of Fame....not the US Golf Hall of Fame. It would acknowledge the wins players have on other major tours, yet acknowledge the superior quality of talent of the LPGA and better address the issue of limited tournaments. The two players (that come to my mind) who would really be effected by this would be Jiyai Shin (21 KLPGA wins & 5 JLPGA wins) and Laura Davies.
prime007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #33

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
You are not trying to make a point, you are being evasive. I would have said yes, a few years ago about Paula and the HOF and I would have been wrong today.
Big deal, it's not the end of the world.

Not being evasive at all. You're the one with predictions of greatness that are no more than speculation on your part. Until she proves how great you say she is, she's just another LPGA player with aspirations of the HOF.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #34

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
Not being evasive at all. You're the one with predictions of greatness that are no more than speculation on your part. Until she proves how great you say she is, she's just another LPGA player with aspirations of the HOF.
Of course it's speculation on my part, but you are too big a coward, fearful of being wrong, to even speculate.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #35

Of course it's speculation on my part, but you are too big a coward, fearful of being wrong, to even speculate.
Unless they add tournaments, I'll predict no one makes 27 points, including your precious Lexi.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #36

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
Unless they add tournaments, I'll predict no one makes 27 points, including your precious Lexi.
First of all, she isn't my precious Lexi as I am not her father, but at least you have now taken a stance on the HOF issue for players other than Yani and you may end up being correct.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #37

Speaking of the LPGA tour hall of fame. Why require a player who accumulates 27 points to also be an active member of the LPGA tour for 10 years?

What sense does that make? Lorena qualifies for the HOF except for that 10 year rule. IMO, the 10 year rule should be scrapped allowing Lorena to enter the HOF pronto.

LPGA.com
Old 10-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #38

The ten year rule is a bit ridiculous when a player qualifies on points well before that time. See, we can agree if we really try.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #39

Speaking of the LPGA tour hall of fame. Why require a player who accumulates 27 points to also be an active member of the LPGA tour for 10 years?

What sense does that make? Lorena qualifies for the HOF except for that 10 year rule. IMO, the 10 year rule should be scrapped allowing Lorena to enter the HOF pronto.

LPGA.com
Great point about Lorena Ochoa.

For being that good,that quickly,she's denied entry.

So,if she came back when she was 45,and didn't make a cut for two years,would she then be eligible for the HOF ?

It's ass-backwards,as they say in your part of the world...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 10-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #40

10 years would have made sense when players were staying on the tour until they were older, but now a lot of players are starting younger and finishing much younger, or leaving to marry and have kids the 10 year requirement would seem to be out of reach for some.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote