Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #21

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
I didn't say I'm not impressed with her win. I'm impressed by every player who wins, especially in a full- field event.

If you look at post 12 in this thread, it was you who said that in your opinion it was a hall of fame future.
But the post by you says I have her in the hall of fame already, which is ridiculous, it will take several years for that to happen not just one or two.
If you are saying that I am predicting that Lexi will some day be in the hall of fame, then yes, that's correct and that is what I think.

Back to your being impressed or not, this is what you wrote.
I'm frankly not that impressed with what she's done so far

Now how do you reconcile that statement with this one of yours?
I didn't say I'm not impressed with her win. I'm impressed by every player who wins, especially in a full- field event
Old 10-26-2011, 06:37 AM   #22

Very simply, winning a tournament against the best players in the world is an impressive feat. I was impressed by Lunke's win at the women's U S Open, but her overall career doesn't impress me all that much.

I've been impressed by Michelle Wie twice, but I don't think her career to date has been all that impressive, either.

Lexi has a grand total of one win. Hardly enough to make me think she'll be a HOF player. Of course it's a goal of hers. It probably is to the majority of players, but that doesn't mean she'll accomplish it.

Last edited by MarinePaul; 10-26-2011 at 07:44 AM.
MarinePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #23

Very simply, winning a tournament against the best players in the world is an impressive feat. I was impressed by Lunke's win at the women's U S Open, but her overall career doesn't impress me all that much.

I've been impressed by Michelle Wie twice, but I don't think her career to date has been all that impressive, either.

Lexi has a grand total of one win. Hardly enough to make me think she'll be a HOF player. Of course it's a goal of hers. It probably is to the majority of players, but that doesn't mean she'll accomplish it.
OK, fine, I am marking you down as someone who does not think that Lexi will become a HOF member. That's fine, it's your opinion and I won't argue with you, you have a right to that opinion.

Now that we all know you don't think Lexi will become a HOF member, let me ask you this question.

Of the female golfers currently on the scene, who in your opinion, not counting Yani as she's a HOF lock, will become a HOF member.

Here are a few names from the Rolex rankings, feel free to add others of your choice.
In your opinion, after you have added other players of your choice to the list, which golfers will become HOF members.
Suzann Pettersen
Cristie Kerr
Na Yeon Choi
Sun Ju Ahn
Jiyai Shin
Paula Creamer
Ai Miyazato
Brittany Lincicome
Stacy Lewis
I.K. Kim
Amy Yang
Morgan Pressel
Angela Stanford
Michelle Wie
Inbee Park
Shanshan Feng
Maria Hjorth
Song-Hee Kim
Mika Miyazato
Brittany Lang
Hee Kyung Seo
Old 10-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #24

I would agree with ajraymond. Yani has a rival in Na Yeon Choi. It was only last year she threatened to take all three prizes on the LPGA (#1 ranking, POY & Vare). And while she obviously didn't take the #1 ranking (Shin) or POY (Tseng), NYC was consistent throughout. I had a feeling that Yani ran out of gas (after Walmart) last year. If the LPGA season lasted a couple more tournaments, things might have been different in 2010.
prime007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #25

Realistically, Pettersen, Kerr and Choi are the ones with the best chance. Of the others, there are a few "possible," but certainly not locks.

By the way, I never said Lexi WON'T be a HOF player. What I AM saying is, it's certainly not a lock. She's won exactly once. She has the potential, but until she's a full time player, it's hard to tell whether she can live up to that potential. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #26

Hmm...who besides Yani will enter the HOF among the current crop?

Unless Shin reverts back to her 2010 form, then I would say that Na Yeon has the best (perhaps only) chance of entering the Hall of Fame. She's still young (unlike Kerr & Pettersen), has multiple wins (unlike many of the others listed), and fairly consistent (unlike Ai).

27 points isn't exactly a easy reach for anybody. Yani STILL has to win 7 more points to get in. I believe ONLY 6 people on gxer's list have 7 (or more) points.
prime007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #27

Realistically, Pettersen, Kerr and Choi are the ones with the best chance. Of the others, there are a few "possible," but certainly not locks.

By the way, I never said Lexi WON'T be a HOF player. What I AM saying is, it's certainly not a lock. She's won exactly once. She has the potential, but until she's a full time player, it's hard to tell whether she can live up to that potential. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
I know it's hard to tell MP, that's the fun of it, but the truth is, that you don't think Lexi will be in the HOF. Fine, I can live with that, case closed.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #28

Originally Posted by prime007 View Post
Hmm...who besides Yani will enter the HOF among the current crop?

Unless Shin reverts back to her 2010 form, then I would say that Na Yeon has the best (perhaps only) chance of entering the Hall of Fame. She's still young (unlike Kerr & Pettersen), has multiple wins (unlike many of the others listed), and fairly consistent (unlike Ai).

27 points isn't exactly a easy reach for anybody. Yani STILL has to win 7 more points to get in. I believe ONLY 6 people on gxer's list have 7 (or more) points.
When I copied those names from the Rolex rankings I thought the same way as you, wow, these girls are not even close to 27 points and some of them are flat running out of time quickly.

A few years ago, I thought that Paula had an excellent chance of becoming a HOF member. I don't think so now.

Yani is really going to make it difficult for other players to accumulate HOF points at a rate they need in order to get to 27 before the prime of their golf career is over.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #29

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
A few years ago, I thought that Paula had an excellent chance of becoming a HOF member. I don't think so now.
That's the point I'm making, gxer. A lot of us thought Paula had an excellent chance. Now, not so much. Lexi has a chance, of course, but let's see if she develops into the player you're assuming she will. How is your prediction for greatness any different than Wiefan or Boola predicting great things for Wie, which we're still waiting for?
Old 10-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #30

That's the point I'm making, gxer. A lot of us thought Paula had an excellent chance. Now, not so much. Lexi has a chance, of course, but let's see if she develops into the player you're assuming she will. How is your prediction for greatness any different than Wiefan or Boola predicting great things for Wie, which we're still waiting for?
You are not trying to make a point, you are being evasive. I would have said yes, a few years ago about Paula and the HOF and I would have been wrong today.
Big deal, it's not the end of the world.