Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #11

I tend to agree with the Saint here. One year, good, bad or indifferent, won't define her career.

As far as Wei predicting that she'll rival Yani, time will tell. At this point, I don't think it's fair to even speculate.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #12

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
I tend to agree with the Saint here. One year, good, bad or indifferent, won't define her career.

As far as Wei predicting that she'll rival Yani, time will tell. At this point, I don't think it's fair to even speculate.
Of course, I disagree with both of you, Lexi's rookie year will define the future of her LPGA tour career and it won't be bad or indifferent, IMO, it will be a hall of fame future.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #13

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
Of course, I disagree with both of you, Lexi's rookie year will define the future of her LPGA tour career and it won't be bad or indifferent, IMO, it will be a hall of fame future.
That's what they said about Michelle Wie. I'll take the same view with Lexi. It's a wait and see thing for me.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #14

That's what they said about Michelle Wie. I'll take the same view with Lexi. It's a wait and see thing for me.
MP,

I didn't say that about Wiesy and in addition, Lexi isn't another Wiesy.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #15

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
MP,

I didn't say that about Wiesy and in addition, Lexi isn't another Wiesy.
Time will tell. Who knows what injuries she may have, whether she'll be able to maintain her enthusiasm for the game, or whether she'll be able to deal with the pressure of tournament golf on a regular basis? Until she proves it on the course, I'll withhold judgement.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #16

Time will tell. Who knows what injuries she may have, whether she'll be able to maintain her enthusiasm for the game, or whether she'll be able to deal with the pressure of tournament golf on a regular basis? Until she proves it on the course, I'll withhold judgement.
There is a large bowl full of beans and the contest is to guess the number of beans in the bowl and the person whose guess is closest to the actual number of beans is the winner.

Based on your previous post, it appears that by saying (Until she proves it on the course, I'll withhold judgement) you want to wait until the bean count is known before you take a "guess".
Old 10-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #17
Contest Statistician

Lets go back to the original question by Dusek. It was who could be a rival to Tseng? It's just a predicition. No one is keeping score.

Look at the current players. Do you see anyone elevating their game to Tseng's class. Assuming Tseng will keep it up and that is a good assumption. Creamer, NYC, JY Shin, Miayz, etc will get there wins in the future but I don't see any of them elevating there game to a another level then there present one.

So I think the only logical choice of someone that has the possability of doing it is Thompson. She has shown that she can win. Is only 16,17? Has a lot more potential on the upside. That does not mean she will do it, but I don't think that you can deny that she has the potential to do it.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #18

Originally Posted by xman5 View Post
Lets go back to the original question by Dusek. It was who could be a rival to Tseng? It's just a predicition. No one is keeping score.

Look at the current players. Do you see anyone elevating their game to Tseng's class. Assuming Tseng will keep it up and that is a good assumption. Creamer, NYC, JY Shin, Miayz, etc will get there wins in the future but I don't see any of them elevating there game to a another level then there present one.

So I think the only logical choice of someone that has the possability of doing it is Thompson. She has shown that she can win. Is only 16,17? Has a lot more potential on the upside. That does not mean she will do it, but I don't think that you can deny that she has the potential to do it.
Of course she has the potential. All that means is, she hasn't done it yet. Potentially, I could win the mega- million lottery. But, until they draw my numbers, I'm not going to spend the money. Gxer has Lexi in the Hall Of Fame already. That's exactly what Wie's fans said, and I'm frankly not that impressed with what she's done so far, either.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #19

Of course she has the potential. All that means is, she hasn't done it yet. Potentially, I could win the mega- million lottery. But, until they draw my numbers, I'm not going to spend the money. Gxer has Lexi in the Hall Of Fame already. That's exactly what Wie's fans said, and I'm frankly not that impressed with what she's done so far, either.
I don't have Lexi in the HOF, she has to do that, and it is a long term goal of hers.

When her membership is official, the start of the 2012 season, she will have 1 point, her win of the Navistar, with 26 more points to go.

You are not impressed because you don't want to be impressed even though what she did, winning the Navistar by 5 shots at the ripe old age of 16, did impress most people in the world of golf.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:50 PM   #20

I didn't say I'm not impressed with her win. I'm impressed by every player who wins, especially in a full- field event.

If you look at post 12 in this thread, it was you who said that in your opinion it was a hall of fame future.

Last edited by MarinePaul; 10-25-2011 at 06:53 PM.
MarinePaul is offline   Reply With Quote