Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #1

Dr Hess trial date set.

The good doctor has entered a plea of not guilty to a charge of obstruction of justice.
--------------------------------------------------
LAS VEGAS -- Dr. Thomas Hess, who is accused of hiding evidence from the scene of golfer Erica Blasberg’s suicide, will go to trial Dec. 1 on charges of obstruction of justice.

An attorney appeared on Hess’ behalf Wednesday morning in a Clark County courtroom and entered a plea of not guilty.

Hess was charged last month after the Clark County Coroner’s Office ruled that the 25-year-old Blasberg died of asphyxia, combined with toxic levels of prescription drugs in her system.

Police said Hess removed a suicide note and several prescriptions from the scene after discovering Blasberg’s body.

Trial Set For Doctor Charged In Blasberg Suicide - Las Vegas News Story - KVVU Las Vegas
Old 09-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #2

I hope that being put on trial makes Dr. Hess open up and give some answers that will give Erica's parents some closure. As far as Erica's fans and the public, it is not required that we be given any answers. If those answers come out during the trial and we are privy to them, then fine. But for me, I know closure for her parents doesn't bring Erica back. Nevertheless, I hope they get it.

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
Donating Member

I would like doctors who do this kind of thing punished. Many celebs and athletes get very poor medical service because they end up with doctors like these. They know they are violating their ethical obligations. Besides hurting the "patient" they end up hurting the families as you mention.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #4

The only positive for me of late is that the slime doctor pleaded guilty ot misdeamnor obstruction of justice. The greatest positive for me of her passing is that she is in Heaven with her Maker!
toasale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
NTB

Originally Posted by toasale View Post
The only positive for me of late is that the slime doctor pleaded guilty ot misdeamnor obstruction of justice. The greatest positive for me of her passing is that she is in Heaven with her Maker!
I think I missed you somewhere. Welcome aboard.