Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 03:12 AM   #1

Does this work???....

Hi ya everyone...I dunno if this is true or not...but it is an interesting concept...whadda ya think??....anyway...have a good day...see ya!!

WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET A TRAFFIC TICKET:

This advice was sent by a retired State Farm agent! This system has
been tried and it works in every state.

If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light, or whatever
the case may be, you're going to get points on your license and a
surcharge on your auto insurance. This is a method to insure that you
DO NOT get the points.

When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is
$79.00 make the check out for $82.00, some small amount over the fine.
The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference.
However, here is the trick: DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK! Throw it
away! THAT'S RIGHT. THROW IT AWAY...

Points are not assessed to your license until all Financial Transactions
are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are
NOT complete. The system has received its money and is satisfied and
will no longer bother you.

This information comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every state.
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
Forum Moderator

If points were not assessed until after all financial transactions were completed, wouldn't it be simpler to not pay anything?
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #3

Wiefan.....that is a myth. If the refund check is not cashed within a certain period of time the refund goes into the state general fund and the transaction is completed. In this state you have thirty days to cash a refund check. The time frame may vary in other states.
If you want to send more than the fine, the state(s) would be happy to accept your donation.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
Forum Moderator

It has urban legend written all over it.

Last edited by Blue; 07-01-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #5

S**t,does this also mean that those Nigerian bankers,who are in possession of millions of dollars from a dead relative I never knew existed,won't be forwarding a sum of five million dollars into my bank account ?

The cover letter looked so genuine,too...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 07-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
If points were not assessed until after all financial transactions were completed, wouldn't it be simpler to not pay anything?
Hi ya Blue...if you don't pay anything...you will be assessed the Late Penalty Payment for sure...and they would catch you when it came time for a License renewal...so not paying wouldn't work

anyway...have a good day....see ya!!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Wiefan.....that is a myth. If the refund check is not cashed within a certain period of time the refund goes into the state general fund and the transaction is completed. In this state you have thirty days to cash a refund check. The time frame may vary in other states.
If you want to send more than the fine, the state(s) would be happy to accept your donation.

Viva Annika
Hi ya Buzzer....when I first got this...I thought about the Check expiration, just like you did....but I was thinking that maybe, because bookkeeping is sometimes done by computer data ( in and out )...that "Maybe" the not cashing of the refund check could very well make the transaction incomplete....unless the computer was programmed to list it as complete AFTER the 30 days regardless of the refund check being programmed in as entered or not

anyway...like blue said...I think it is an Urban Myth anyway

but isn't it interesting, how some people will think of all kinds of ways of beating the system.....no wonder you retired....playing golf and drinking coffee with friends sure beats trying to impose judgements upon those that think they are SMARTER than the Law

I think the Law people already have a bunch of " LAW ABIDING Crooked thinking" workers always thinking of how to circumvent "how the criminal mind thinks"

anyway....have a good day folks....perhaps snypes has info on this...xman would know for sure

anyway....have a good week folks...see ya!!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #8

It's Snopes, and yes they do.

snopes.com: Overpaying Traffic Tickets

I always keep this website handy!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Putter View Post
It's Snopes, and yes they do.

snopes.com: Overpaying Traffic Tickets

I always keep this website handy!
Hi ya Putter....thanks...hmmm...so Hedwynn is the one that started this in Australia huh...tsk tsk....JUST KIDDING Hedwynn

ok. folks...let's try this "URBAN LEGEND"...a long time ago...people were afraid of their E-Mail contacts getting affected by a virus that got to their own computer...person X got a virus and the virus said that it was going down the list of everyone in their Contact list

well snopes...try this one out....here is what I did a long time ago...I dunno if it worked or not because I never caught a virus....but a Computer friend of mine suggested this

in your contact list..."MAKE UP a ficticious name that starts off with AAA"....example....AAAarnie....now this ficticious name will Now appear as the FIRST person in your contact list....and should a virus start attacking your Contact list...the first person they will attack is AAAarnie as it appears First on your list....but seeing as to the name Doesn't exist....the virus gets stopped there as it cannot continue without having first completed their first assignment....simple huh

anyway....I don't think this works...as I have sent Group Mailing for my Basketball Pool and even though some of my friends have changed their email address and the one that I have is invalid....my computer just shows that these people do Not exist and the rest of the group does get the email

anyway....I still have my AAAfriend on my mailing list...heck folks...it was FREE and it was Simple to do....anyway....the important thing is that Wiesy and I still have our very own "PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS"...this way I can give the kid some "Moral Support" to pep up her spirits and game....hmmm....I have had to do this an awful lot lately....perhaps this US Open will be the ONE TIME that maybe I have to "Cool the kid off...after her Super HOT Playing"....hmmmm....now wouldn't this be something

anyway...all of you have a good week...see ya!!...again....thanks Putter for the Snopes Scoop....see ya!!
Old 07-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #10

You're welcome Wiefan - as for your other scenario, I have sometimes had a contact listed with the wrong spelling of a name or their email account and if I send something, it just bounces back to me as undeliverable, while the others on the list got the message. Can't see where the fake name thing would work with a virus - wouldn't it just come back as "cannot deliver" also?