Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #1

Caddie Joe Connolly

I didn't know where to post this, but I thought that those of you who are long-time LPGA followers would be interested.

Early this past week I received a note from LPGA caddie Joe Connolly, aka Coffee Joe, that he was scheduled for back surgery to repair a bulging disk that has bothered him for a long time. It had reached the point that it was very painful for him to stand or walk.

I received another note from him yesterday that the surgery went well, that he was in post-op for 3.5 hours and then was sent home. He reported that he is pain-free in his legs and the only discomfort he has is in his lower back where the surgeon made the incision (just above L4 and L5). He expects to be laid up for about 2.5 months. He also said "I should have done this a long time ago".

Coffee Joe has been a caddie on the LPGA tour for nearly 40 years. Among those he has looped for are Jane Crafter, Hollis Stacy, Deb Richard, Michele Redman, Sherri Steinhauer, and most recently, Kris Tamulis.
dave43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #2

Coffee Joe is the epitome of a professional caddie. Everybody knows and loves him. His work ethic is unmatched by any of the LPGA caddies. It is a shame that he has been suffering such pain for most of the year, and I hope the surgery works out well for him. He also sent me a note after the surgery to say essentially the same thing.

Joe endured a lot with Kris this year, but I am sure she is a better person now having been with him for the entire year. She was reprimanded for foul language at one of the tournaments.
cougar is offline   Reply With Quote