Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 12:44 AM   #1

Baseball World Series

Hi ya folks...I am SUPER HYPER and AMPED UP....this world series between St Louis and Texas has me Breathless...here is why

I am in a $25 25 block pool....we add the hits, Runs and errors of each team, then using the last diget of the total, you try to get it to match up with the numbers of your specific Block

well folks, I have already won $25 on Game Two, and $25 for game three....but the overall totals have eluded me

the reason I am super excited is that ST Louis had to come back from being "ONE STRIKE away from losing"...TWICE...yep...in the bottom of the 9th and bottom of the 10th, they were ONLY ONE strike from being eliminated...Twice they came back to force extra innings and then they finally won the ball game...whew!!!...thus "my numbers" in the pool are still alive for another day...amazing stuff....I pretty much gave up on the pool and then St Louis pumps up my lungs for another breath...simply amazing stuff

whew...if you haven't ever played a Block Pool, you probably don't have a clue as to what I am talking about....anyway...all I can say is that this world series is super exciting

tonight's game had so many Heros and so many Goats...one of the goats in my opinion is the Texas Manager....why he was playing his outfield so so deep to avoid TWO runs from scoring was STUPID...one run would have sent the game into extra innings, but at least give his outfielders a CHANCE to eliminate the tying run from 2nd base...even the announcers agreed with my opinion...instead, Washington places his outfielders so deep that any Bloop Single will score a run...and a Bloop single was delivered by St Louis....if the outfielders were playing in their Normal position...the could have maybe kept the runner from 2nd from scoring or maybe even caught the Bloop for an OUT

anyway...thanks to Washington's bad decision, I get to play in my pool for another day

for those of you that don't understand my baseball logic...that's OK....I am just pumped up and jazzed about game six...I can hardly wait for game seven

anyway....have a good day everyone...see ya...whew...this game six had got to be one of the most exciting in YEARS...unbelievable stuff....so much agonies and extasies ( spelling ??)...anyway...see ya
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #2

Here is the bottom line Wiefan people always seem to roast the losing manager but her is the rub.......... Ron Washington got his team into the ninth inning with a two run lead and having one of the best closers in the league coming into the game. Another thing is you talk about the outfielders playing too deep but the extra inning runs had nothing to do with the outfielders playing too deep. In the ninth inning the tying runs were scored with Cruz not being deep enough. If you ask me Cruz still should of caught that ball anyway! Being an outfielder in my younger days you turn around and run to the wall and then turn back around. If you watch the play....... Cruz lolly gags after the ball and played it all wrong. Anyway a classic game (one for the ages) hopefully they will play another barn burner for game 7. Glad to see you're winning money nonetheless
ajraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
NTB

Wie fan I'm with you only I gave up on my cardinals when Texas came
back and made 7 to 5 I went shopping for groceries. When I came out The Cards had tied it.. What a game with a monster home run to win it.
Hollywood couldn't have scripted it better.
One more to go, hope you win your pool.

By the way my Razorbacks have to keep coming back to win football games.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:22 AM   #4

For a true baseball fan, this is the most entertaining series in a long time. Two gutsy teams battling it out, taking it down to the seventh game, and neither teams giving an inch. I'm loving it.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #5

Originally Posted by ajraymond View Post
Here is the bottom line Wiefan people always seem to roast the losing manager but her is the rub.......... Ron Washington got his team into the ninth inning with a two run lead and having one of the best closers in the league coming into the game. Another thing is you talk about the outfielders playing too deep but the extra inning runs had nothing to do with the outfielders playing too deep. In the ninth inning the tying runs were scored with Cruz not being deep enough. If you ask me Cruz still should of caught that ball anyway! Being an outfielder in my younger days you turn around and run to the wall and then turn back around. If you watch the play....... Cruz lolly gags after the ball and played it all wrong. Anyway a classic game (one for the ages) hopefully they will play another barn burner for game 7. Glad to see you're winning money nonetheless
I agree 100%, Cruz should have caught that ball easily, he just didn't hustle.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #6

Hi ya folks...I am glad that I am NOT the only one that is fascinated with the action and adventure of this world series...gotta be one of the most EVENLY matched teams ever...it is a coin flip for sure

about Cruz missing the catch...it did look like he did misjudge it by about 6 inches...but he was not the only one to point a finger at....I cannot believe there were 5 errors...a few of the errors were unbelievable...in fact I think the Texas shortstop should have had an error called on him when he could have gotten the out at 2nd but went to first instead

the inning that I Pointed out that Washington played his outfielders too deep was when Puhols was on first with the tying run and another St Louis runner was on 2nd...Texas had a one run lead at the time and the important issue was trying to at least keep the runner at 2nd from scoring the "Tying Run"...if they did that, they win the game and World series....again just my "Monday morning quarterback " opinion...lol

another thing that I think Ron Washington did wrong was "Pinch hit for his FINAL BEST reliever at the top of the final extra inning"...this was his "protection" and continuation for the rest of the game in case it was still tied...again...just my opinion and second guess

a terriffic side note of this game is Albert Polhos (sp?)...just when you think it might be his final at bat in a St Louis Uniform...here he comes again, up to bat....his batting must me driving opposing Managers NUTS....they really don't want to take a chance and pitch to him, but they also don't want another St Louis runner on base with an intentional walk...he causes so many "TOUGH decisions " for an opposing manager....fun to watch

anyway...regardless of my "Monday Morning 2nd guessing AFTER knowing what happened" opinions...this game seven I KNOW will have a lot of Drama and excitement...I will bet that those Game Six Cardinal fans are EXHAUSTED and Drained after that terriffic comeback....what a game...see ya.....Have a great day everyone...see ya!!

right now, I don't even care if I win the Block Pool...all I know is that St Louis gave me ANOTHER chance at it...sort of like playing with House Money at Vegas...I can dig this...whatever happens Happens...see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #7

Wiefan, I've never been a fan of the "no doubles" defense, either, but most managers use it, especially in tight ball games. I also hate the uinfield shift a lot of teams use against certain hitters. Maybe that's what makes us fans, rather than managers in the Majors.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #8

I'd like to thank Nelson Cruz' fear of the right field wall for giving us the opportunity to watch a game 7...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 10-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
I'd like to thank Nelson Cruz' fear of the right field wall for giving us the opportunity to watch a game 7...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
I agree. This is one of the best Series in years and I've enjoyed every game.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #10

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
I agree. This is one of the best Series in years and I've enjoyed every game.
Agree.

In fact,the entire post-season has been exciting from start to finish...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X