Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 07:09 AM   #21

Don't be surprised if the Yankees and Red Sox throw a ton of money his way. The Cubs are also a possibility. In a perfect world, he'll stay in St. Louis, but loyalty has a price I'm not sure the Crds can match.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #22

What a great World Series and the comeback in game six was made even more epic because the Cards finished it off in game 7. Here is my take on Alberts Pujols.... there in my mind is 4 teams for two players Pujols and Fielder. The Cubs signed Carlos Pena as a stop gap for one year with the full purpose of taking a run at Pujols. I believe they will offer him about 31 million a year for 7 years and it will be tough for St.Louis to match but I do believe the Cards will offer Pujols 25 million a year for 10 years or 28 million a year for 5-7 years. If Albert wants to take a haircut he will remain with Cards then the Cubbies will focus on Fielder at 25 million a year for 7-10 years. Now if the Cubs do get Pujols (who even more than money will also be enticed by playing in that bandbox Wrigley Field) you can expect the Cards,Mets and Dodgers to take the final run at Fielder. Should be an interesting off season!

Last edited by ajraymond; 10-30-2011 at 01:34 PM.
ajraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #23

I'd throw the Giants into the ring as potential suitors for Prince Fielder.They don't seem enthused about Brandon Belt as their first baseman of the future,and Aubrey Huff isn't the answer,surely.

They have great pitching,but can't score any runs ;Fielder,and the returning Posey,would take care of that.

The back end of Fielder's next deal could be painful,the lad isn't getting any slimmer, but I think any team will get five great years out of him.If I was a GM looking for a first baseman,I'd sooner take a seven year deal on Prince than a ten year one on Albert...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 10-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #24

Cool

Prince Fielder was a very chubby little boy and I never thought I'd ever see him play baseball, let alone in the magors. His daddy carried extra flab, too.
Neither is (was) a threat to steal too often, if ever.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #25

Saint I think you are right as the Giants as another suitor for Prince Fielder and Buzzer being close to Toronto I saw big Cec play plenty of games at first for the Jays. You know the funny thing is as big as Cecil was he had incredibly soft hands was actually a better than average defensive first baseman. That being said he was a detriment on the bases............. slower than molasses!
ajraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #26

On the other hand, when you hit the ball as far as Prince does, speed isn't really a necessity.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #27

Originally Posted by ajraymond View Post
Saint I think you are right as the Giants as another suitor for Prince Fielder and Buzzer being close to Toronto I saw big Cec play plenty of games at first for the Jays. You know the funny thing is as big as Cecil was he had incredibly soft hands was actually a better than average defensive first baseman. That being said he was a detriment on the bases............. slower than molasses!
Prince is possibly the only guy who could make Pablo 'Kung Fu Panda' Sandoval appear svelte,too...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 10-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #28
NTB

Tony-la-Russa

Tony is retiring and will not be back with the cards next year..
Does he know something we don't or is it just that he feels it's best to quit while ahead.??????
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-...ld-series-win/
Old 10-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #29

Originally Posted by NTB View Post
Does he know something we don't or is it just that he feels it's best to quit while ahead.??????
Tony La Russa retires after World Series win - CBS News
I don't think he know's anything we don't, but even if he does, this comment from him explains it all....

"He spoke with little emotion at the news conference with one exception, when he paused to compose himself as he thanked his wife, Elaine, and two daughters for putting up without him over much of the past 33 years."

That's a long time to be in the game and away from your family - he's going out a winner, nothing wrong with that.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #30

Originally Posted by NTB View Post
Tony La Russa retires after World Series win - CBS News
I think it tells us that the Cards are going to lose Albert.