Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #11

Hi ya folks...here is my opinion about shifting the outfield against certain hitters....terriffic game plan by managers...if the player is a pull hitter...pitch him inside and FAST Ball...the ball 90% of the time will go down the left field line...pitch him Outside and a fastball...shift your fielders to the right side line...this is the % play

but to play your outfielders sooo deep to avoid a double, when he should have been more concerned about preventing a run scoring single that could have won the series for them...again just my opinion about this and the shifting outfielders against certain hitters

the one thing that comes out from this series is that "it ain't over until the last out"....for St Louis to tie the game in the 9th and 10th being TWO runs down BOTH TIMES...and BOTH TIMES being " ONE STRIKE" away from elimination....now this proves what they say..."it ain't over until it is OVER"...lol

have a good day folks...see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #12

Wiefan, I was talking about the infield shift where there are three infielders of the first base side and the third baseman is at shortstop. I saw it backfire a few times when the batter shortened his swing and blooped one doen the third base line. What would normally be a routine out turns into a double.

Shifting the outfielders is never as dramatic, and there is also a lot more room to move out there.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #13

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
Agree.

In fact,the entire post-season has been exciting from start to finish...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Probably more than any season in recent history, there have been some great games and a few upsets. Regardless of which team wins, I'm glad that most of the usual suspects were eliminated early. Most of the alleged "experts" predicted the Yankees and Phillies would battle it out. The fact that neither made it makes it even better.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:46 AM   #14

Hi ya Marinepaul....sorry about my mistake about the "infielders switching"...my bad

anyway folks...it was a Great World Series even though I didn't hit my Block Pool numbers....I had the Texas Numbers correct, but I needed St Louis to have "ONE" more hit...then I would have won $350+ ....whew...it was exciting for me anyway...after St Louis didn't get the hit that I needed, I was still SQUEEZING for a St Louis ERROR to make my Pool Number....ahhh wasn't to be...but I did win $25 PROFIT anyway...lol

anyway...all of you have a great day

by the way...I like the fact that Baseball players are "CLASSIER" than football and Basketball players....Most Football/Basketball Players are so "conceited and full of themselves"...that it is good to see "HUMBLE, Good Sportsmen" in Baseball players...none of the baseball post game interviews had any player BRAGGING and Full of themselves....something good to see in today's sports...absolutely "NO COCKYNESS" in any of the Baseball interviews

anyway...have a good day folks...see ya...Congrats to both Texas and St Louis for giving everyone a GREAT Series...see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:16 AM   #15

The best Series in many years. Congratulations to the Cardinals.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #16

You got the CLASSY part right, Wiefan. I don't know if you or anyone else saw the interview with Ron Washington after the game. He was obviously disappointed at the loss, but he gave credit where credit was due.
Like you and MP said, a fun series.

Did you also notice how old and dowdy Bud Selig looked. Seems like we might need a new BB tsar...I've never been a fan of his anyway.

Viva St. Louis
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #17

Bud Selig looked like he was on auto-pilot Buzzer - I agree, may be time to look elsewhere.

I don't watch baseball as a general rule, find it kind of boring during the regular season, but once the playoffs begin I'm in there like a dirty shirt. What St.L did this year to even get to the WS was amazing. Game 6 and 7 are two of the best games I've seen in awhile and I love watching the winners jump around like little boys when they've won - great times!

WTG Cards!
Old 10-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #18

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
You got the CLASSY part right, Wiefan. I don't know if you or anyone else saw the interview with Ron Washington after the game. He was obviously disappointed at the loss, but he gave credit where credit was due.
Like you and MP said, a fun series.

Did you also notice how old and dowdy Bud Selig looked. Seems like we might need a new BB tsar...I've never been a fan of his anyway.

Viva St. Louis
Selig is, and always has been, a joke as commissioner. He owned the Brewers for several years, even though the official owner was his daughter. Seems like just a bit of a conflict of interests when an owner can also act as commissioner. Fortunately, his team always sucked when he still had them.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #19

Originally Posted by Putter View Post
Bud Selig looked like he was on auto-pilot Buzzer - I agree, may be time to look elsewhere.

I don't watch baseball as a general rule, find it kind of boring during the regular season, but once the playoffs begin I'm in there like a dirty shirt. What St.L did this year to even get to the WS was amazing. Game 6 and 7 are two of the best games I've seen in awhile and I love watching the winners jump around like little boys when they've won - great times!

WTG Cards!
I agree. St. Louis was the definite underdog in every series in the post-season. You have to admire the fight they showed throughout the playoffs.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:37 AM   #20

Any predictions on where Pujols might go? He seems to be the heart and soul of St. Louis, but I'm sure some other team will pull out all the stops to get him when he becomes a free agent.