LPGA Golf Forum

LPGA Golf Forum (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/)
-   Anything (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/f24/)
-   -   ATP To Limit Serve Speed To 100mph, Penalize Players For Exceeding Limit (http://www.mylpga.com/forum/f24/atp-limit-serve-speed-100mph-penalize-players-exceeding-limit-7618.html)

bangkokbobby 04-01-2012 03:51 PM

ATP To Limit Serve Speed To 100mph, Penalize Players For Exceeding Limit

Very controversial among the players...said to be done for the safety of officials and on-court personnel, not to improve the game.

:wink2:

MarinePaul 04-01-2012 04:03 PM

Kind of stupid. Hasn't that always been part of the game?

bangkokbobby 04-01-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarinePaul (Post 126687)

Did you watch the video all the way to the end? Check the date...:ani_BigLOL:

dangerbob 04-01-2012 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by MarinePaul

Quote:

Originally Posted by bangkokbobby (Post 126688)
Did you watch the video all the way to the end? Check the date...:ani_BigLOL:

:ani_BigLOL::ani_BigLOL: It looks like they got the Marine, huh! The moral of the video is: Finish watching it before you make your judgement.

Blue 04-01-2012 08:57 PM

Seriously someone fell for this? I didn't watch the video but April Fools, obviously.

MarinePaul 04-01-2012 10:51 PM

Wow, Blue takes cheap shots and lacks the guts to even leave the post. Good moderating job.

MarinePaul 04-01-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangerbob (Post 126696)
Originally Posted by MarinePaul

:ani_BigLOL::ani_BigLOL: It looks like they got the Marine, huh! The moral of the video is: Finish watching it before you make your judgement.

Since I'm really not all that interested in tennis, I fell asleep half way through it. Actually, I didn't watch the whole thing until now.

Mr3putt 04-01-2012 11:45 PM

BKB
Good one.

I didn't open your thread....but was thinking...WTF is BKB starting a ATP thread during the KNC...no one is going to watch the vid.

The vid was very well done and believable...I guess old farts like MP and I are gullible...lol.

Mr3putt 04-01-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarinePaul (Post 126722)
Wow, Blue takes cheap shots and lacks the guts to even leave the post. Good moderating job.

MP
what you talkin about Willis?

heddwyn 04-02-2012 04:20 AM

Like Blue sussed it out immediately. Haven't watched it, don't intend to, but I can see merit in the idea, it might actually bring some skills back into the game and penalise those for whom the equipment does the job.

Nothing to do with this, but another ruling I think they should change is the challenge on a second serve. If you've faulted on the first serve, why on earth should you get two chances again if the second one is questioned? It's like havng a Mulligan at the last in golf, which I'm sure IK Kim would be pleased to have right now!