Old 04-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #11

Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
MP
what you talkin about Willis?
Between posts 4 and 5.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
Wow, Blue takes cheap shots and lacks the guts to even leave the post. Good moderating job.
Everyone, including moderators, is allowed to delete their own posts.

I was going to tease the people who fell for this for being gullible but then decided to leave the issue alone. That's why I deleted the post.

But because you seemed more offended that I didn't tease you publicly, I've restored the deleted post. Are you happy now?

Last edited by Blue; 04-02-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #13

Your reason for deleting is what I was offended by, cheap shot artist.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #14

Between posts 4 and 5.
MP
She is the most annoying and dislike member on this site...not just my opinion....but as stated on other member's posts too.

IMO..she is shameless.

One of the roles of a moderator is to "police" this site to monitor behavior that does not comply with the Code of Conduct.

Yet we have a moderator who can give the members a 1 finger salute with no recourse, communicates her departure, only to return and maintains moderator status.

This diminishes the credibility of the site as any one can abuse the Code of Conduct with no consequences as precedence has been set.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #15

Originally Posted by Mr3putt View Post
MP
She is the most annoying and dislike member on this site...not just my opinion....but as stated on other member's posts too.

IMO..she is shameless.

One of the roles of a moderator is to "police" this site to monitor behavior that does not comply with the Code of Conduct.

Yet we have a moderator who can give the members a 1 finger salute with no recourse, communicates her departure, only to return and maintains moderator status.

This diminishes the credibility of the site as any one can abuse the Code of Conduct with no consequences as precedence has been set.
I've given up even trying to be civil to her. Any criticism she perceives as an unprovoked attack, but she calls other posters whatever she wants, just to start an argument. Believe it or not, she was at one time one of my closest friends on this site. How times have changed.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #16

I've given up even trying to be civil to her. Any criticism she perceives as an unprovoked attack, but she calls other posters whatever she wants, just to start an argument. Believe it or not, she was at one time one of my closest friends on this site. How times have changed.
Replies to your sentences.
a) Ignore helps.
b) How true.
c) What when you are she were the only members of the site?

You'd think she be a one of a kind....not so.....there was a female....MrsCanoehead on the defunct GC DB that posted and behaved in the exact fashion.

MCH got slaughtered by the GC members and left ....never to return.
Mr3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #17

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Seriously someone fell for this? I didn't watch the video but April Fools, obviously.
I do not want to kick a horse while it is down...but the highlighted post is what gives me a goosie. Why does someone have to lie about a tiny bit, just to boast her ego? Everyone knows she watched that video to find out. The video was carefully made and everyone was serious in that video that unless that unless you watch the very end...you will never know. I almost fell to that trick also and was surprised why they were getting rid of the over 100mph serve until I finished the video. So, if you said you didn't watch the video and knew it was a trick, you're lying to your teeth and just trying to empress everyone that you know everything. That doesn't makes you smart...except maybe smartass!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:00 AM   #18

DB, I was a fool for one day. She has the other 364 covered.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #19
Forum Moderator

I love you all, too and I am so flattered by how the four of you (LoJo, dangerbob, Mr3putt, and MarinePaul), take the time out of your busy days to follow me around this site wherever I post just to post a friendly reply.

Last edited by Blue; 04-03-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #20

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
I do not want to kick a horse while it is down...but the highlighted post is what gives me a goosie. Why does someone have to lie about a tiny bit, just to boast her ego? Everyone knows she watched that video to find out. The video was carefully made and everyone was serious in that video that unless that unless you watch the very end...you will never know. I almost fell to that trick also and was surprised why they were getting rid of the over 100mph serve until I finished the video. So, if you said you didn't watch the video and knew it was a trick, you're lying to your teeth and just trying to empress everyone that you know everything. That doesn't makes you smart...except maybe smartass!
I admit. I fell for it, too. When I am zipping around looking for content for my blog I am not paying attention to the date. Then when they had Janko Tipsarevic and especially world #4 Andy Murray it gave more credibility. Don't get me wrong, I wondered how they would do it. Most non-tennis diehards don't know this but they made changes to the ball several years ago. The men's game was becoming an unwatchable serve-a-thon. So when I saw the title of the video I was thinking maybe they would make more changes to slow the ball down. They got me. :)

And yes, I agree with heddwynn that they should change the second serve challenge rule.

P.s.- there are three types of balls used on different surfaces. A slower ball for fast surfaces like grass. A faster ball for slow surfaces like clay and a medium speed ball.

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 04-03-2012 at 09:52 AM.
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote