Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > Other Discussions > Anything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
Donating Member

Anyone else feel this way about your kids?

‪Baby Driver‬‏ - YouTube

This is an ad that really hit home with me.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #2

Ya know CT, I don't have kids, but when I saw this ad for the first time (and many times after that) I couldn't help but think that that'd be the way I'd probably be with one of my kids. It's very well done and anyone who doesn't get the point, needs to think about it a bit more. I'm well over driving age, but my mother still thinks of me as her "baby". Come to think of it, I'm probably one of the oldest "babies" alive!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
Donating Member

Only one of my kids drives and she was 19 before she got her drivers license (the youngest is approaching 21 and still does not have hers). So I got that break (both were to busy to practice enough).

When we moved into this neighborhood we had the oldest kids. So we had to drive through the streets carefully as there were kids on bikes jumping out of the bushes and down driveways. But as time has passed more and more of the kids started driving, now we have to be careful driving to our house because they come barreling out of the driveway in a car.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:06 AM   #4

Ain't that the truth! They're dangerous either way. I always watch out for teenagers and people under 5 feet tall when I'm driving - for some reason, even if the 5 foot tall people are older, they, and teenagers seem to drive the same - like they're the only ones on the road. My dad used to take me out driving eons ago when I was 12 - we'd go to the local shopping mall - it was empty on Sundays then because the stores were closed - I learned everything I had to know at that darn mall, except why other people were so stupid on the road. I still haven't learned why that is.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:56 AM   #5
NTB

My grand kids drive.. one is 23 the other 19... So I get chauffeured every where I go.. Yes their still my babies...
Old 07-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #6
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Putter View Post
- for some reason, even if the 5 foot tall people are older, they, and teenagers seem to drive the same - like they're the only ones on the road.
Putter, you've met me. You know how tall I am.

I am deeply, DEEPLY offended. I do drive like I'm the only one on the road. But my height has nothing to do with it. It's cause I'm not CANADIAN!
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Putter, you've met me. You know how tall I am.

I am deeply, DEEPLY offended. I do drive like I'm the only one on the road. But my height has nothing to do with it. It's cause I'm not CANADIAN!
OK, maybe I should have said 4'8" - I'm talking about the ones that have to look THROUGH the steering wheel instead of over it - I'm forever following those people and it always looks like the car is driving itself. They also drive cars with no signal lights.