Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Meg Mallon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2005, 10:21 AM   #1

Meg in the hospital

I heard a rumor you were under the weather? Get well soon!!
neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:26 AM   #2

Get well soon.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:27 PM   #3

I was diagnosed with arrhythmia just a few days before Tony Blair made a world news with the same ailment which his doctor treated with the catheter ablation procedure. This was about 6-9 months ago. So I know what Mallon, and now David Toms, went through. Mallon was really lucky to be treated by a doctor who actually teaches other doctors regarding the procedure, in other words, really experienced fellow who happened to be at the gallery watching her play at the Solheim.

As for Toms, I couldn't find out whether he went through the same procedure or decided on a highly effective and safe drug treatment. There were no mention of the procedure, so I'm assuming that he opted for the drug treatment and see how it goes until AFTER the Presidents Cup.

Mallon should now feel like a person with a brand new heart, and she won't be suffering from fatigue all the time as she probably was used to without even her knowing it.

I'm thinking about going through the same procedure rather than relying on the drug for the rest of my life, but not until I move away from where I'm living right now. One of my colleagues was paralyzed after what supposed to have been a very simple surgery, and I heard others with similar horror stories.. I don't trust the doctors in this area, so I'll wait.
SeoulBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:29 PM   #4

Exactly as I thought:

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.a...0&select=17600
SeoulBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:53 AM   #5

Is Meg feeling great! Is it too much to hope for that she would feel great?

She has been a silent, secret inspiration for me. I have added her to my hero list. To be so successful and smiling in spite of everything, and never a complaint!

What is David Toms situation, has he done anything?
neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:24 PM   #6

During the PGA Championshiop over the weekend, one of the announcers mentioned that David Toms was scheduled for his surgery in about ten days. I'm sure he'll be glad to get it over with & enjoy the off-season.
Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote