Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Meg Mallon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #1

Talking Meg Fans Unite

I was fortunate enough to be at the Kraft Nabisco tournament this last week. We followed Meg Mallon around the course for 1.5 rounds, and I left there feeling so blessed to have watched one of the LPGA's greatest players in action. She has endured a lot of physical and personal hurdles the last couple of years, but it was evident to us, who were watching and learning from her, that her fire still burns. Meg is a class act. We could all learn from her, about golf, about life, and what it means to be in the public eye and a mentor for others. I applaud you, Meg!!!
cynmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #2

I saw her as well. I hope you got to talk to her. She's as nice as she appears. It was great to see the folks in the grandstands at 18 applaud her. In fact, I think the fans at the Kraft are some of the best anywhere. Are you planning to attend any other events?
Ricearoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #3

Hey Ricearoni, how are you? Well, we did get a chance to chat with her briefly after her round on Friday. Yes, she is very nice. I was one of those folks in the Pavillion cheering her on on Sunday. Were we loud enough??? I'm really hoping she gets her game going and get into the Hall of Fame soon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but were you the one who gave me an old glove of Meg's at one of the tournaments when you were working the driving range? I think you know my partner, Happyrt (Rebekah).
Old 04-10-2008, 11:11 AM   #4

Oh, to finish answering your questions, yes, we are going to try and attend the tournament in Half Moon Bay and the one in Danville this year, and we have tickets to the Solheim next year. I really hope Meg makes the team, but if not, I think she will make a fantastic co-captain along with Beth. Go Team USA!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #5

Originally Posted by cynmat1 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but were you the one who gave me an old glove of Meg's at one of the tournaments when you were working the driving range? I think you know my partner, Happyrt (Rebekah).
Oh, you betcha. I remember that very well, as there was a throng of folks behind me, and there I sat with an embarrassment of riches! Such a small thing Meg did, but it made several of us happy.

We plan to atttend several events this year and expect to volunteer at the Samsung and the Long's, so be sure to say hello. :)
Ricearoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #6

Will you be working the driving range again?? If not, let us know where to find you and we'll stop by and say hello.