Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Cristie Kerr

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 12:19 AM   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1

Cristie Kerr Signs With Hana Financial Group

from my blog: Cristie Kerr Signs With Hana Financial Group As 2012 Global Ambassador Fairways and Forehands

Two-time LPGA Major winner and former world #1 Cristie Kerr has signed with Hana Financial Group as a global ambassador for the 2012 season. HFG, Korea’s 2nd largest financial institution, also sponsors the LPGA Hana Bank Championship, scheduled to be played in 2012 at Sky 72 Golf Club in Incheon, South Korea. HFG hopes to broaden its brand recognition in the United States with 14 time (and counting) LPGA winner Cristie Kerr as their ambassador. I might be wrong, but with the popularity of some other high profile players, I think it can get lost that Cristie Kerr is the best American female golfer on the planet and has been for some time now. Until somebody steps up to usurp that title from her, she remains the best chance for an American to reclaim the top of the Rolex Rankings. In the following video, she says she would like to win three times in 2012. I wouldn’t put it past her to do so.

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/

Last edited by bangkokbobby; 02-08-2012 at 12:21 AM.
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #2

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
NTB

I wonder what is the financial reward.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
Donating Member

Doesn't Hana Bank sponsor other LPGA golfers? Without looking it up I recall seeing Hana logos on one or more players. So if you saturate the players I guess you are assured of getting the logo on camera most of the time, and maybe that is the goal.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #5

Originally Posted by ctmurray View Post
Doesn't Hana Bank sponsor other LPGA golfers? Without looking it up I recall seeing Hana logos on one or more players. So if you saturate the players I guess you are assured of getting the logo on camera most of the time, and maybe that is the goal.
You'll have seen the Hana Bank logos on these two during tournaments :

Rocket (Park Hee-Young)

Inky (Kim In-Kyung)

Will Cristie be wearing the logo on her hat ? That would take some getting accustomed to ; it would be a bit like watching Albert donning a Halos' cap.

But,obviously,much prettier and nowhere near as Dominican.

She's been wearing her Mutual of Omaha cap for the longest time now :

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 02-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
Donating Member

Thanks for the pics. It is Inky that I am remembering. I often pick her and root for her often.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote