Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Cristie Kerr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2006, 02:51 PM   #11

Yes, it's Cristie.........but if you look up her records in majors.......it seems to be her putting that lets her down in the majors......and we all know the next major is the KN in 2007......and she does not seem to like those greens......but Cleo is right........there is another golfer who fits right in here.......and she did ver well in 3 of the 4 majors this year.......but this is Cristie's thread.......so let's just say that it does not look likely that she will win her first at the KN OR the LPGA next year..........and her best chance would be at the US Open or the WWBO.......
Old 09-11-2006, 03:22 PM   #12

Originally Posted by DJGOLFER59
4putt, kerr's taken a while to develop, however i dont think you can say just because ochoa has done just as much in a shorter time that she is a better player. i dont think kerr has even reached her peak yet, shes just taken a longer time to find her top form. some start young, some need longer to reach that level.
they're both great players, and choosing a better player may be splitting hair...but it's my opinion that ochoa's proved year after year since joining the tour that her game edges out cristie's...for instance, lorena is christie's 5 year junior on tour. yet, she's placed higher on the ADT money list than christie in all but last year (i think....).

Originally Posted by DJ
about kerr not closing, yes that was a problem before (on a side note, what the heck is happeneing to paula creamer this year? it seems every final round she plays she falls off the map) but shes gotten a lot better. once again you have to include lorena in that example too, shes had some serious meltdowns.
i gotta give you that one....lorena's collaps last year was one for the books....yet her comeback from that to this year's Kraft i think rid her of her demons....
4putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #13
Forum Moderator

Since I started this and put it in the Crister Kerr folder, my apologies. I probably should have put it in the LPGA folder, since it's hard to have a discussion on who's the best player yet to win a major and only discuss one player. I wouldn't put Paula in the running since she only has two LPGA wins, and only 1 top 10 in a major since turning pro. So that's 1 out of 8. I wonder if she has too many off-course distractions or if she's just lost a bit of interest in golf. It's all she's done for most of her life.

Here's someone else to throw in the mx: Sophie Gustafson. I know, I know, you don't hear her much in this discussion. But 4 wins on the LPGA, including the British Open before it was a major and the Samsung. Eighteen international wins. Consecutive 2nd place finishes in the British Open in 2005 and 2006. Multiple times led the European Tour order of merit.

In my opinion, it's Cristie Kerr first and everyone else is battling for second place.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #14

I don't know that you can eliminate any of the LPGA MEMBERS being discussed at this point. There's a solid argument for Lorena, and Sophis is also a candidate. Paula, I think, is too new to include, but I feel she is going to be one of the great ones. As far as the Non- member, I'll reserve judgement on greatness until she actually accomplishes domething worth discussing.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:03 PM   #15

Originally Posted by Blue
I don't know how to factor in part time players, but I guess if you're talking about best players never to have won a major you'd probably want to talk about players who have won something on the LPGA first, so Boola's object of adoration might not be in the running.
Jeepers, at the start of a Cristie thread in a Cristie folder and you and cleo are already speculating as to whether Boola might choose Wie. You really should try to stop mentioning Wie in every thread, even you only refer to her as a certain player, when it's obvious who you are talking about.

As regards, the issue of best player not to win a major, that is just a opinion and there is no criteria for selcting it, so someone could choose a part time player who has done well in majors if they wanted to do that.

My own opinion is that Lorena Ochoa is the best player to not have won a major.
paddyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:26 PM   #16

Talking

Originally Posted by paddyman
Jeepers, at the start of a Cristie thread in a Cristie folder and you and cleo are already speculating as to whether Boola might choose Wie. You really should try to stop mentioning Wie in every thread, even you only refer to her as a certain player, when it's obvious who you are talking about.

As regards, the issue of best player not to win a major, that is just a opinion and there is no criteria for selcting it, so someone could choose a part time player who has done well in majors if they wanted to do that.

My own opinion is that Lorena Ochoa is the best player to not have won a major.
Let's see now, Lorena Ochoa, almost a lock to be the first Rolex Player of the Year other than Annika since 2000 but without a major win.

Yes, I think you're right Paddyman, great analysis.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:30 PM   #17
Forum Moderator

At the time this thread was started in early September, it was not so obvious, hence the interest in the topic at that point. Paddyman's interest now is for other reasons, obviously.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:40 PM   #18

A lot lot Christie Kerrs wins have come against weak fields ..... big exception ..... Mic Ultra...... it is Lorena by a mile ........
Old 10-21-2006, 09:52 PM   #19

Originally Posted by DJGOLFER59
cristie not only is the best player to not have won a major, but she is also:

- the best american golfer, hands down. a couple years ago i fought hard to say she was and a lot of people wouldnt budge on their opinion that she wasnt. people would say inkster, mallon, now some people would say creamer, but kerr is americas best by a mile, maybe two or three miles.
I disagree. Annika Sorenstam is the best American golfer, hands down. She just became a an American citizen...and saying she is not an American is just like saying...Henry Kissenger, Madeline Albright, Arnold S. (the governor of California, I can't spell his last name) are not Americans. She is just as an American as an Apple Pie! Viva Annika!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!

Last edited by dangerbob; 10-21-2006 at 10:02 PM.
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:17 AM   #20
Forum Moderator

I'd say Madeline Albright is the best former US secretary of state never to win a major.