Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA Tournaments > Courses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #11

When people have grudge on someone, it sticks in their mind, forever!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #12

Originally Posted by DJGOLFER59 View Post
I understand that, but that shouldn't prevent her from getting credit when she does do good things for the tour.
At some point, the positives may catch up to the negatives, but I have some serious doubts. Going strictly on what she's done since her "watch" began, I don't see it happening.

How much did she do to get this site? Or, as Buzzer said, was it ING that did the negotiating?

When you look at some of the negative press the LPGA has gotten over the past few years, nearly every article mentions yet another blunder by Bivens. The flack that came down with her "English only" mandate last year was a disaster. I'm sorry, but it's going to take a whole lot more than this tournament site to make me a fan of Bivens.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #13
Contest Statistician

Send a message via Yahoo to DJGOLFER59
My point is, even if she had nothing at all to do with securing this site, or getting any place to host the event, had they not found a place to play she would have got blasted for not doing anything to find a place. But yet now that they have Torrey Pines, she has absolutely nothing to do with it. So again, she can't do anything right. Double standard.
DJGOLFER59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:56 PM   #14

There's a saying that goes: "When I do something right...no one remembers. When I do something wrong...no one forgets!" That's Biven's case to some of the posters here!

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #15

DJ, it's like people that blame all of our economic problems on Bush. It was his watch, so it must be his fault. Where's the difference? Bivens has done more harm than good, at least in the public eye.

She may be the nicest human being that ever lived, but she hasn't shown much as a leader of an organization. What she does is, in her mind, probably for the good of the LPGA. Still, it bites her in the ass.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #16
Forum Moderator

Excellent news.

Whether it happened because of Bivens or despite of Bivens, doesn't matter in my opinion.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:19 PM   #17

Originally Posted by MarinePaul View Post
DJ, it's like people that blame all of our economic problems on Bush. It was his watch, so it must be his fault. Where's the difference? Bivens has done more harm than good, at least in the public eye.
Yeah...we should all blame George W. Bush instead of Bivens! He screwed up everything including the LPGA and Carolyn Bivens.

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
Old 03-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #18

Hi ya everyone....ok!! let me put in my 2 cents

there are some posters here that NO MATTER what Carolyn Bivens does...it is NOT good enough and they will wait for any hiccough to pounce on and discredit her....or if something good happens that she is a part of....NO CREDIT will be given to her, credit will be given to someone else....but should anything go wrong, ALL BLAME will be put upon her shoulders and those that were given the credit earlier will be blameless

Like Dangerbob said...."People have grudges that will NEVER go away"

it was mentioned that shouldn't IMG also share some of the negative postings because of their involvement with Ginn...and NOT only Carolyn Bashings....I mean if IMG is going to get the credit for their involvement when things look "Peachy" shouldn't they also get the Blame when things that they are involved in gets gloomy

Like DJ said...."Double Standards"....absolute correct

here is what I like about this site....when Carolyn had her problems....almost everyone was so so certain that she should get tar and feathered and run out of Dodge....well lately, there are now posters that said "Enough is enough"...they have seen enough of this BIASED posting upon Carolyn and they are NOW speaking up....THIS IS GOOD....in my mind, it is sort of like the "SILENT Majority" finally had enough of this unfairness towards Carolyn

a lot of these silent majority posters will get harsh on Carolyn when she screws up, but these same posters know that in the same token, she should get credit when she does good stuff....this is how it should be, NOT ONLY ONE-SIDED against

when the Carolyn Debates first started on this site, I think I was the only one on Carolyn's side....I just figured that the "WHOLE STORY" was not being told....the media had their version but the Rhyme and Reasoning behind WHY Carolyn did stuff was NOT KNOWN....I know that Carolyn is a Smart lady, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt as to her reasoning....I will admit that some stuff was her fault in her presentation, but the LOGIC behind her overall reasoning was for the good of the Players that she represented....there was also a lot of stuff that was incorrect by the articles against her...ex. the Harrisons fiasco

anyway....I am glad that the Carolyn Bivens " scale of fairness" is now balancing itself out a little....posters that seek fairness when critiquing someone is now voicing what they all knew was in their heart....when someone screws up, say it....but when they do good...at least give them credit

anyway....this was a good typing exercise for me....Have a good day everyone....see ya
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:33 AM   #19

Umm, reminds me of back in the old LPGA fan site, and many there were knocking the head Honcho for everything under the sun, even more so then Bevins gets, as he was male and they would never miss that little fact either. Some times things never seem to change. Humm... where is the old head Honcho now.... working with the PGA I think... they seem to like him a lot.... hummm? :-/

Torrey Pines is a good thing... no matter which way you want to look at it, come on... if you can't see it.... put on some dark glasses for a while, or bright cherry wine colored ones. :-)

Bravo Bevins! :-)

Last edited by greentee; 03-11-2009 at 08:42 AM.
greentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:57 PM   #20
Donating Member

I posted earlier this year - I like seeing the women play famous courses that I have seen before (usually from the men's tour). I know the holes a bit and that makes it nice to watch.
ctmurray is offline   Reply With Quote