Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > General LPGA Message Boards > LPGA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #11

With Morgan being my favourite golfer I'd love if she got a pick, however I can't see it happen she hasn't found good form all year.

Team Pressel
Team Korda
LPGAIreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 07:16 AM   #12
Contest Statistician

Just as I was shifting to Angel Yin, Nelly Korda is a shot back. Neither may get the points, since they have only one year and may not get the Rolex rank again because just one year, but the have played exceptionally well this year.

One of them should end up as one of my picks. Both would be tough on experience. They may be rookies, but are they really that inexperienced, no.

Depending on how the points and ranking work out for the automatic the other may be Lincicome or Salas. Ernest is a consideration for me since she is close on points.

I don't want Lang or Stanford. Creamer and Pressel have been terrible.

We need new blood on the bottom half.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:04 PM   #13

Pat Hurst, Wendy Ward, and Nancy Lopez were named along time ago as the assistant captains for the upcoming Solheim Cup.
dave43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:37 AM   #14

Originally Posted by dave43 View Post
Pat Hurst, Wendy Ward, and Nancy Lopez were named along time ago as the assistant captains for the upcoming Solheim Cup.
Correct, on other board however, people are suggesting they'll be offered assistanships much like Tiger Woods.
fetucinialfokcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:35 PM   #15

Originally Posted by fetucinialfokcu View Post
Could end up being Brit heavy on the euro side
Looking like Georgia Hall, Florentyna Parker & Mel Reid will qualify via LET points, and Charley Hull by Rolex rankings. Probably Ewart Shadoff too either by rolex or captain's pick

Team Pressel
Team Korda
Old 07-24-2017, 04:37 PM   #16
Contest Statistician

That's very interesting. I think that the Euro team looks week on paper. Especially the bottom half witch is still unknown basically.

I wonder does a large English team hurt or help or makes no difference.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:02 PM   #17

It's a bit worrying that some of the more experienced golfers will miss out on a place, the Spanish and Germans come to mind

Team Pressel
Team Korda
Old 07-25-2017, 02:20 PM   #18
Contest Statistician

Originally Posted by LPGAIreland View Post
It's a bit worrying that some of the more experienced golfers will miss out on a place, the Spanish and Germans come to mind
Aside from Ciganda, have any of them done anything.

I think both sides will have some new blood. it would be interesting to see how they play.

This time it looks to me that the Top of the American side will make the difference. They should be well ahead on paper. If they slip up it could get interesting.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:41 PM   #19

After the Toledo tournament, there is no change in who qualifies via Solheim points (Thompson, Kerr, Pillar, Lewis, Jessica Korda, Kang, Lang, and Wie. Lincicome qualifies via Rolex standings, but Salas replaces Martin as the other Rolex qualifier.

For the past 3 Solheims, I have tracked points for the Solheim year, 2017 points for this year. I'm interested in who played well this year. I think it bodes well for the USA team that the leading Solheim points earners are for the most part those who are on the team listed above. Top 2017 point getters in order are as follows: Thompson, Kerr, Kang, Wie, Lewis, Salas, J. Korda, Salas, and Lincicome. Lang is absent from this list - she is 23rd in 2017 points!

The three best players following Lincicome are Marina Alex, Austin Ernst, and Angel Yin.

Assuming Brittany Lang holds on to 8th place, I think Juli's captain's picks s/b Alex and Ernst. While it's probable that someone will knock Lang out of 8th place on points, it is also likely that her Rolex rating will still hold up.

Still two tournaments to go! I expect there to be some changes by the end of the Ricoh Open.
dave43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #20
Contest Statistician

It sure is going to be interesting to see what julie does. I think that she is gonna get killed not matter what she does.

Most likely the safe thing to do is the next 2 in points that did not make it.