Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Lydia Ko

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #11

I guess computers with email capabilities or modern day fax machines don't exist in Asia.
---------------------------------------------------
"The LPGA has received Lydia Ko’s petition and the Commissioner plans to review it upon his return from Asia," read a statement from the tour. "The decision on the petition will be solely up to the Commissioner’s discretion and upon his review, he will communicate directly with Lydia and her family. The LPGA does not comment publicly on petitions as they are a private matter between the player and the Commissioner."

LPGA receives membership petition from teen prodigy Lydia Ko, defends decision to play in 'hazardous' China smog - SBNation.com
Old 10-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #12

Not sure what's going on with New Zealand Golf, Gregg Thorpe and Lydia's mother.
--------------------------------
New Zealand Golf high performance manager Gregg Thorpe said last night Ko had not entered either tournament.

She could of course still do so, but Thorpe was adamant "little has changed" for the fifth ranked player in the world.

"We work closely with Tina specifically. I had Tina in this week and we had a good chat."

Thorpe said a date for Ko to turn professional was not discussed and he was unsure if a final decision had been made by the family.

Thorpe said there were still issues for Ko and her mother to work out and said the LPGA waiver the North Harbour schoolgirl would need to play - because she is not yet 18-years-old - had not yet been sorted.

"It's not as simple as her just making a statement," he said.

Golf | Lydia Ko Closing in On Pro Career, Says Mum... | Stuff.co.nz
Old 10-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #13

I thought Lydia would enter Lorena's event as a warm up for the Titleholders but according to Randall Mell she didn't.
---------------------------------------
Randall Mell ‏@RandallMellGC 48m
Deadline to commit to Lorena Ochoa Invit. just closed. Lydia Ko didn't commit, but she is committed to the CME Group Titleholders.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #14

Maybe she used up her six invites. I don't keep track of such things, but GXER, you do, I think.
But you're right, you'd think if possible she'd use it as a warm-up.

Viva Annika
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #15

Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Maybe she used up her six invites. I don't keep track of such things, but GXER, you do, I think.
But you're right, you'd think if possible she'd use it as a warm-up.

Viva Annika
Actually I don't know, but Lydia didn't need a sponsor's exemption, I think she qualified via the Rolex Rankings for Lorena's event, since she was in the top 5 by the closing date of the event.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #16

There was something somewhere in this which mentioned she was studying for her exams. It's entirely possible the exam period in NZ is during 8a's tournament.
heddwyn is offline   Reply With Quote