Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > Specific LPGA Players > Lydia Ko

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #11

I believe she is,Gxer.

There could be some great,young talent playing every week on the LPGA,next season.

Unless they all mess up at Q-School...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Old 08-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #12

Lydia said college golf is out.
-------------------------------
As for turning pro, Ko referred to her parents as “the boss,” saying they’ll help her make the decision as well as the people of New Zealand Golf. She said earlier in the week that college golf is no longer an option, though she’d still like to study.
Lydia Ko, LPGA, Canadian Open, Beth Ann Baldry, teenage golfers: How much longer can Lydia Ko hold off turning pro?
Old 08-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #13
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by heddwyn View Post
What didn't the reporter understand when she said it the first time? Reporters do seem to be singularly dumb when it comes to asking already answered questions.
They're not dumb. They're trying to get the interview subject to change their tune. Very often they do.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #14
Forum Moderator

She's 16. She's never been limited by money and she's never had to work to feed, clothe, or house herself. It's understandable that she doesn't care about money. At this stage in her life, like many 16-year-olds, she doesn't care about money because it's never been a real factor in her life.

This is not to say her parents don't care about money. They should and probably do. Bankrolling by David Levene cannot be counted on.

Lydia Ko, LPGA, Canadian Open, Beth Ann Baldry, teenage golfers: How much longer can Lydia Ko hold off turning pro?
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #15

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
She's 16. She's never been limited by money and she's never had to work to feed, clothe, or house herself. It's understandable that she doesn't care about money. At this stage in her life, like many 16-year-olds, she doesn't care about money because it's never been a real factor in her life.

This is not to say her parents don't care about money. They should and probably do. Bankrolling by David Levene cannot be counted on.

What I don't understand about amateur funding is how "Sir David" can make a donation to New Zealand Golf but have it directed to Lydia's trust.
----------------------------------------------
Sir David Levene is making a donation to New Zealand Golf to help support the growth and development of world No 1 amateur Lydia Ko, who earlier this year became the youngest winner in professional golf history.

The donation to her trust both surprised and humbled the teenage superstar, who met with Levene to thank him yesterday.
Lydia Ko gets financial boost from Sir David Levene... | Stuff.co.nz
Old 08-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #16

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
The darling of the KLPGA,future LPGA tour star (-ish) and the woman who stirs my loins,I give you (The Lovely) Ha Neul Kim :

Wow,that was much bigger than I thought ; which,coincidentally,are the very words I would like TLHNK to say to me...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X

Go get em TLHNK FIGHTING!
JJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #17

Originally Posted by Saint-Just X View Post
I believe she is,Gxer.

There could be some great,young talent playing every week on the LPGA,next season.

Unless they all mess up at Q-School...

Pax Vobiscum
Saint-Just X
Compared to Ariya, Lydia and Charley, your new girl isn't all that young.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #18

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
Lydia doesn't care about money because she has an old rich guy paying her bills. Nice, isn't it.
By the way, I don't like the way she answered the question. I guess we can give her a break because she is young, but as a teenager it is not a good idea to speak to adults that way whether you like the question asked or not.
----------------------------------------------------
Lydia Ko breezed through another perfect Sunday in the Canadian Women's Open — until a reporter pressed the amateur about missing out on another $300,000 payday.

"I don't care! I don't care!" Ko said. "I can say that a couple times more, if you want."

Teen Star Lydia Ko Wins Again in Canada - ABC News

That's the rude part of Lydia Ko! She's starting to be popular but that doesn't mean that she has the right to be brusque! Well, oh well, let's see if she could change this treatment, years from now...
feonicamartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #19

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
A reporter's job is to probe for information and ask questions, that's all they were doing. It is not appropriate to say I don't care about the money because she is talking to adults all of whom care about money.
OK, I'm confused. Because she's talking to adults she should answer differently than what she honestly says? Because they're adults, should she have said that she really cared about the money? I'm kinda looking at this like you think she's lying. She said it, she believes it - how many times does she have to repeat it? She's "talking to adults, all of whom care about money." So what? Personally, I don't think she was rude at all - perhaps just fed up with the same question over and over again - age has nothing to do with it. She was asked, she answered, end of topic. It's up to her and her parents to decide when the time is right to inform anyone else of her intentions. I find this all rather amusing that people are getting their shorts in a knot over this.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #20
Contest Statistician

She must have some understanding that All of this international air travel and hotels and equipment and coaches etc does cost money and that she is living a privileged life on someone else' dime.

Have her talk to L Salas about sacrifice to play golf.

She needs to learn a lot. It's not all about what happens on the course. That's why they have the 18 rule. It is for the young peoples best interest. However in this case there is no denying her , she will be in when she wants.
xman5 is offline   Reply With Quote