Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > LPGA Players > LPGA Rookies

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #11

Cindy has something in common with Tiger, Sean Foley.
-----------------------------------
fine-tuned the elements of her game with Orlando-based swing coach Sean Foley.

LPGA.com
Old 09-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #12

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
Cindy has something in common with Tiger, Sean Foley.
-----------------------------------
fine-tuned the elements of her game with Orlando-based swing coach Sean Foley.

LPGA.com
Holy evolution Batman....yikes!!...is this the beginning of the "CrossNUTS" era.....just kidding Gxer....have a good day...see ya!!
wiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #13

Originally Posted by wiefan View Post
Holy evolution Batman....yikes!!...is this the beginning of the "CrossNUTS" era.....just kidding Gxer....have a good day...see ya!!
Wiefan,

I like the pairing of Cindy and Larry of Life on Tour. Larry has spent decades on the LPGA tour so it would be enjoyable to see him have a steady gig with a quality player and a little more cash in the bank.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #14
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by gxer View Post
I am not interested in reading her blogs but I was surprised that she was considered a rookie, she has only competed in 2 LPGA tour events prior to this week and she had to qualify to get in the field this week.
Many rookies only play a couple of events. Some don't play any events all year! You can thank the LPGA schedule that has so many limited field events for that, plus the system that gives Tour cards to players finishing 6 through 10 on the Futures Tour money list. They get such low priority they can only get in events by a sponsor's exemption or qualifying for an open tournament. They're still considered tour rookies through. It's the same for the players who finish way down the list in Q-School. If they're rookies -- not all are -- they get low priority.

That's what happened with Cindy Lacrosse. She finished T34 at Q-School so she got Category 20 which starts at something like Priority number 329. You're not going anywhere with that number. The first tournament she got in was the Jamie Farr. That was a sponsor's exemption. Only winning three times on the Futures Tour she moved up to category 13 which put her at priority number 158. That's still not great, but it was enough to get her into the Safeway Classic, but not any other tournament, so far. That's why she had to qualify this week.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote