Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > LPGA Players > LPGA Rookies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #1

2010 Rookies : Lucy Kim

Change of plans... time to try and get one more player in. And her name is Lucy Kim, or Moon Su while she was playing the Duramed Futures Tour, or Yoo-Kyeong Kim, when she played the KLPGA Tour for three years. We well just call her Lucy. :-)

Researching data on her was not very rewarding, the illusive Lucy is hard to track down on the Internet.... still I got some. What I do know is she is only 19 years of age, has succeeded in snagging an illusive, (like her), Priority Status of 11.... now she well be known much more. :-)

She was born and raised in South Korea, is 5 foot 6 inches tall, turned pro in 2007, played 3 years on the KLPGA, (though even the famous Happy Fan from Seoul Sisters has never heard of her), and one year, (2009), playing on the DFT. Went to Han Young International School, where ever that is, and has a very nice smile. :-)

Below are 5 articles on her.... all I could find.... no vids.

(1) This from DFT, a brief Bio on her. Duramed FUTURES Tour - Player Biographies

(2) Here are 2 links to pictures of Lucy. http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/M46y5...5lZmX/Lucy+Kim

http://www.life.com/image/94106671

(3) This is an article by Beth Ann Baldry, (that you probably seen before), the bit on Lucy is about 1/2 way down the page. http://www.golfweek.com/news/2009/de...ins-two-shots/

(4) This last is from the SS Forum, where fan PHILK_NJ talks some about her. http://www.phpbbplanet.com/forum/vie...rofessionalgol

PS: If she starts to win on the LPGA in 2010, maybe we well have to give her yet another name, or nickname.... maybe like Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, ahh.... well thats probably a bit long. Good luck in 2010 Rookie Lucy Kim.

Last edited by greentee; 01-14-2010 at 06:38 PM.
greentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #2

Originally Posted by greentee View Post
PS: If she starts to win on the LPGA in 2010, maybe we well have to give her yet another name, or nickname.... maybe like Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, ahh.... well thats probably a bit long. Good luck in 2010 Rookie Lucy Kim.
How about Bogey Kim!
To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #3

Originally Posted by dangerbob View Post
How about Bogey Kim!
You take the low road and I'll take the high road... twins.... one of us has to be dark.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:13 AM   #4

Originally Posted by greentee View Post
You take the low road and I'll take the high road... twins.... one of us has to be dark.
Well...how about Eagle Kim, bro!

To drown the outcry of the HEART!"

Let's eat Grandpa.
Let's eat, Grandpa.

Commas save lives!
dangerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:34 AM   #5
Elf

Send a message via MSN to Elf
I hope she is more consistent playing in the LPGA than with whatever is her name.
Best wishes for her. Could be a big surprise. Go: Lucy, Rusy, Moon Su, Yoo-Kyeong Kim, or.....
I have problems following some Asian players because their strange names (for me), in this case I will need a special PC program to keep up with changes in her name.

Last edited by Elf; 01-16-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote