Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > LPGA Players > LPGA Rookies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #1

2010 Rookies : Il Hee Lee

Yup.... another of the Dragon Ladies, (South Korean golfers born in 1988 and at 10 years of age idolized Se Ri Pak... some others are In Bee Park and Jiyai Shin, just to name a few), has joined the LPGA, and with a Priority Status of 11, Il Hee Lee well be playing lots this year.

I do not have a whole lot of info about her, but some.... she is 5 ft 5 in tall, (hey she is as tall as me), she just turned age 21, uses a belly putter, and just got in under the wire to get the last spot for PS 11.

No matter, she is in and we well watch her contend for that ROY in 2010. Oh ya, its was sweets and candy that lured her into playing golf, as she followed her golfing father around the fairways.

All the links on Il Hee Lee are pics or articles, no vids.

(1) a picture of Il Hee.

(2) Bio from LPGA that only has her height and picture yet. LPGA.com

(3) Short article, (Feb 6 2009), about her in the ANZ Australian Ladies Masters. Il-Hee Lee lured by treats Gold Coast Events | goldcoast.com.au | Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

(4) A Blog by HappyFan on the Seoul Sisters site, (April 17 2009), where Il Hee Lee came second up against some of the best women golf players around, LPGA and KLPGA. She is no fluke to get into being a Rookie, she has the tools to play at this level. If your looking for a Dark Horse in the ROY, Il Hee may be the one you want to ride on in with. KLPGA: 2009 Lotte Mart Women?s Open Rd 3 SeoulSisters

Last edited by Rusty; 01-11-2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: added picture
greentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #2

Golf instructor Tim Cusick put a swing analysis of Il Hee Lee up on YouTube. Il Hee really struggled for most of the year in 2010, but towards the end of the year was starting to find her footing, finishing T15 at CVS and T7 at the Tour Championships. The CVS tournament could have been even better...she was sub-70 for three straight rounds until final round 78 cost her a lot of money. Here's the YouTube link:

YouTube - Swing Analysis - Il Hee Lee Target Line View

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #3

The previous video was Target Line view...here is another analysis from another angle:

YouTube - Swing Analysis - Il Hee Lee

---Bruce Lee

http://bangkokbobbysports.wordpress.com/
bangkokbobby is offline   Reply With Quote