Go Back   LPGA Golf Forum > LPGA Player Discussions > LPGA Players > LPGA Rookies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 07:52 AM   #1

2010 Rookies : Alison Walshe

. Heh... tried to put a link to her picture but it did not take... just an x... ah well, I well get it down one of these days. :-)

One thing for sure can be said about Alison Walshe, and that is that she fits in. This young lady, (age 24), has already had her own Golf Odyssey. Born in Galway Ireland, and residing in Massachusetts USA, she has done some traveling to get to the LPGA. Passing trough three colleges, (Boston, Tulane and Arizona), and the DFT, (Duramed Futures Tour), its been a long road. Alison is 5 foot 7 inches tall, and has a Priority Status of 17, so she well have to make the most of her limited chances.

Below are links to pictures of her, and articles, and her many bios. Also you can find her texting on Twitter. http//twitter.com/Walsheyyy. :-)

(1) Two links to pictures of her.... the second as more.

Alison Walshe - Zimbio

Alison Walshe Pictures - Zimbio

(2) Two links to articles, one in which she takes the lead in 2009 ING New England Golf Classic, the second is a short article on her winning her LPGA card.

Massachusetts' Alison Walshe Takes Lead at ING New England Golf Classic

Massachusetts golfer Alison Walshe earns 2010 LPGA Tour card

(3) Two links to articles, one a short version of her golf odyssey, and the second is a longer version of it called 'Four Years, Three Colleges : A Golf Odyssey'. (3 pages).

2009 Duramed Futures Tour Graduates - Alison Walshe

Four years, three colleges: A golf odyssey - The Boston Globe

(4) Three Bios from all the Colleges.... but somehow I missed the DFT Bio.

Player Bio: Alison Walshe - BOSTON COLLEGE OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE

http://thehullabaloo.com/2005/03/11/...alison-walshe/

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/sport..._alison00.html

Last edited by greentee; 01-22-2010 at 08:10 AM.
greentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #2

A little more on Alison, and seems she is trying to change sides a wee bit if she can. :-)

Tuam-born golfer set for starring role | Connacht Tribune | galwaynews.ie

Last edited by greentee; 02-09-2010 at 11:12 PM.
greentee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:41 AM   #3

Nice little article (DFT) on Alison when she was playing in Mexico.

#####################

2. Walshe Nearly Out Of Balls And Out Of Luck
Second-year pro Alison Walshe of Westford, Massachusetts was born in Ireland and certainly knows a thing or two about the luck of the Irish, but Walshe nearly ran out of both luck and golf balls in Saturday’s second round of the Riviera Nayarit Challenge last week in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. It was scary enough that when she got down to her last ball, she summoned a rules official and asked about her options.

“I lost five balls in the water today,” said Walshe, still laughing after her second-round adventure. “I fired right at the flag on the sixth hole, an island green, which probably wasn’t too smart since it was my last ball. Fortunately, it rolled to six feet and I made the birdie.”

But Walshe started worrying before she made the nine-hole turn. She called a rules official and asked what she could do if she lost her last ball before she finished the round.

“I was walking beside the out-of-bounds marker, sort of looking for balls,” laughed Walshe. “I was getting a little desperate.”

Fortunately, Walshe was told that two years ago, the Duramed FUTURES Tour took its one-ball rule out of effect. Rather than having to stick with only one model of ball for the round, now players may use any ball as long as it is a conforming golf ball. The developmental tour changed its rule when the LPGA modified its rule two years ago. For Walshe, that meant she could have borrowed a golf ball during competition.

Fortunately, Walshe didn’t have to ask for balls from playing partners Kelly Froelich of Raizeux, France or Lisa Ferrero of Lodi, California, but she did leave the course Saturday with a slightly modified game plan for Sunday’s final round.

“Maybe I’ll bring about two dozen golf balls tomorrow just to be safe,” said Walshe, who was lucky, after all.